Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 6:06:40 PM EDT
Guys, if you had limited funds and only one AR currently, would you stock up on lowers(in anticipation of a new ban) or buy another completed rifle? I'm really worried about Kerry being elected and a new ban going into effect.
John
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I would get more lowers.  You could slowly build more ARs in the future.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Any more ideas?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are limited in funds and are worried about another ban, consider this:  The last ban was admittedly ineffective by both sides and the "next ban" will be much worse.  If you are worried about this, buy a mutual fund or something like that and don't worry about your gun rights, as they will continue to erode if you keep thinking like you are.  Do your part to ensure that doesn't happen - be active, stay in touch with your congressmen and let them know how you feel.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy some lowers, NOW.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Buy some lowers, NOW.

If the "next ban" happens, lowers may become paperweights.  Do your part.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Mongo speaks with the voice of reason.  

Lowers are nice, but being able to continue buying them is even nicer!!  To answer the original question, I would be buying lowers now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Mongo speaks with the voice of reason.  

Lowers are nice, but being able to continue buying them is even nicer!!  To answer the original question, I would be buying lowers now.

Thanks, Stick, but I was buying lowers BEFORE Sept 14, 2004.  You all are behind the curve!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks guys!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I forgot to say...

Welcome!

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you are limited in funds and are worried about another ban, consider this:  The last ban was admittedly ineffective by both sides and the "next ban" will be much worse.  If you are worried about this, buy a mutual fund or something like that and don't worry about your gun rights, as they will continue to erode if you keep thinking like you are.  Do your part to ensure that doesn't happen - be active, stay in touch with your congressmen and let them know how you feel.

+1hail2.gif
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top