Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2005 9:11:07 AM EDT
i'm looking for an AR-15 this will be my first right now i have a yugoslavian sks and a marlin 22  so you can tell i need an AR. i've found a bushmaster xm15e2s for $700 is this a good buy or should i keep looking? also would this be a good beginner gun to purchase or should i go for a different model??
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#1]
bushmaster is a great manufacter of ar-15's, you wont find anyone better (though RRA is right up there with em).  $700 is a great price too.  Here's some questions for you.   Is the carry handle detachable?  Is this a post-ban or no ban rifle?  Whats the flash suppressor on it?  What kind of stock does it have?  Little things like this can make a big difference on a gun.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#2]
haven't seen the gun yet i'll be going tonight to check it out just learned about it from a friend of mine and he's never seen it either so i'm really pretty blind on this the only thing that i know is it's supposed to be "like new" and it comes with the case so i have no idea what kind of accesories may be there i'll report back though as soon as i find out. what would be some key features to look for?? just trying to get a basic idea before i go. thanks again for any help
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe an XM15E2S is the 16" Dissipator style Carbine. Jeep, does it look like this?

*edit = >* Jeep, you posted again before I finished so I now know you have not seen the rifle yet. Doing a product search at Bushie' came up with that rifle above. Let us know when you see it if it is that rifle or not.....

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#4]
XM15E2S doesnt necessarily mean its a dissy.  I do own a dissy, and that # is stamped on the lower, but my brother has a bushy that is not a dissy and he also has the same # stamped on the lower.  To the orginal poster, if you can, take a picture of the gun and post it here, we could give you a lot more info then.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the help guys i'll let you know what i see
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]
XM15E2S is just Bushmaster designation as far as I know, since they can't use AR15. My 20" is marked that way, I think any Ar platform made by Bushmaster that is an A2 config gets that designation.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 1:15:44 AM EDT
[#7]
If your going to buy an AR15 get a quote from www.knesekguns.com
I bought a Bushmaster M4A3 LE marked 16" step down bbl with six position stock for $880. If your in the $700 range your probably looking at a fixed carrying handle, with A2 flash hider, still with those features $700 seems a little cheep, make sure the gun is new and don’t forget to visit Knesek’s for a price range, Larry usually has the lowest prices around.

Don’t buy a beginners gun, jump in head first, you want to have the bragging rights at the range . Depending on fiances go with a detectible carrying handle, six position stock and a 16" bbl for the tactical feel. That should do you some good.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:12:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Depending on fiances go with a detectible carrying handle, six position stock and a 16" bbl for the tactical feel. That should do you some good.

Hehe, now THAT is a cool, unintentional play on words.  Finances/fiances!  Priceless!

Charlie 31
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:16:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:34:18 AM EDT
[#10]
that is a good price, if its in good condition, I would give the Bushmaster +1
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:35:02 AM EDT
[#11]
By the way WELCOME to the SITE
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:41:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
By the way WELCOME to the SITE

yep. welcome

and bear in mind the A2 (permanently attached carry handle) is about $100-$130 less than the preferred A3, detachable carry handle, flat -top) - A3 version

Bushmaster is pretty good , too
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:47:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Depending on fiances go with a detectible carrying handle, six position stock and a 16" bbl for the tactical feel. That should do you some good.

Hehe, now THAT is a cool, unintentional play on words.  Finances/fiances!  Priceless!

Charlie 31

Happens to the best of us
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:54:04 AM EDT
[#14]
ok from what i've been researching and from what yall have said i do want to get an A3 so i might wait around and see what i can find i'll probably keep looking cause i do want the 16" barrel and the adjustable stock thanks for all the help again i'm starting to learn a little bit already
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:56:40 AM EDT
[#15]
the xm is just a ar15 variant.
does not mean jack other than its an ar15 made by bushmaster.

but from what i have seen $700 for even the lowest model no frills ar from bushmaster is a pretty decent price.

unless of course if its the carbon15 or one of their pistols
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:57:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i'm looking for an AR-15 this will be my first right now i have a yugoslavian sks and a marlin 22  so you can tell i need an AR. i've found a bushmaster xm15e2s for $700 is this a good buy or should i keep looking? also would this be a good beginner gun to purchase or should i go for a different model??

Since this is an introductory AR, Bushie, Armalite or RRA are great starter guns.  I would stick with a standard A2 full length or carbine without all the fancy jazz like removable carrying handles and such.  If you get hooked you are gonna want another anyway.  You'll gain a lot of good experience and respect from being able to shoot a normal AR with straight irons.

Once your firmly hooked.....buy a Colt.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top