Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 10/12/2005 9:11:07 AM EDT
i'm looking for an AR-15 this will be my first right now i have a yugoslavian sks and a marlin 22  so you can tell i need an AR. i've found a bushmaster xm15e2s for $700 is this a good buy or should i keep looking? also would this be a good beginner gun to purchase or should i go for a different model??
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:38:54 AM EDT
bushmaster is a great manufacter of ar-15's, you wont find anyone better (though RRA is right up there with em).  $700 is a great price too.  Here's some questions for you.   Is the carry handle detachable?  Is this a post-ban or no ban rifle?  Whats the flash suppressor on it?  What kind of stock does it have?  Little things like this can make a big difference on a gun.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:45:44 AM EDT
haven't seen the gun yet i'll be going tonight to check it out just learned about it from a friend of mine and he's never seen it either so i'm really pretty blind on this the only thing that i know is it's supposed to be "like new" and it comes with the case so i have no idea what kind of accesories may be there i'll report back though as soon as i find out. what would be some key features to look for?? just trying to get a basic idea before i go. thanks again for any help
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:52:16 AM EDT
I believe an XM15E2S is the 16" Dissipator style Carbine. Jeep, does it look like this?

*edit = >* Jeep, you posted again before I finished so I now know you have not seen the rifle yet. Doing a product search at Bushie' came up with that rifle above. Let us know when you see it if it is that rifle or not.....

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:20:22 AM EDT
XM15E2S doesnt necessarily mean its a dissy.  I do own a dissy, and that # is stamped on the lower, but my brother has a bushy that is not a dissy and he also has the same # stamped on the lower.  To the orginal poster, if you can, take a picture of the gun and post it here, we could give you a lot more info then.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:22:22 AM EDT
thanks for the help guys i'll let you know what i see
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:28:04 PM EDT
XM15E2S is just Bushmaster designation as far as I know, since they can't use AR15. My 20" is marked that way, I think any Ar platform made by Bushmaster that is an A2 config gets that designation.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 1:15:44 AM EDT
If your going to buy an AR15 get a quote from www.knesekguns.com
I bought a Bushmaster M4A3 LE marked 16" step down bbl with six position stock for $880. If your in the $700 range your probably looking at a fixed carrying handle, with A2 flash hider, still with those features $700 seems a little cheep, make sure the gun is new and don’t forget to visit Knesek’s for a price range, Larry usually has the lowest prices around.

Don’t buy a beginners gun, jump in head first, you want to have the bragging rights at the range . Depending on fiances go with a detectible carrying handle, six position stock and a 16" bbl for the tactical feel. That should do you some good.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:12:25 AM EDT

Quoted:
Depending on fiances go with a detectible carrying handle, six position stock and a 16" bbl for the tactical feel. That should do you some good.

Hehe, now THAT is a cool, unintentional play on words.  Finances/fiances!  Priceless!

Charlie 31
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:16:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:34:18 AM EDT
that is a good price, if its in good condition, I would give the Bushmaster +1
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:35:02 AM EDT
By the way WELCOME to the SITE
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:41:43 AM EDT

Quoted:
By the way WELCOME to the SITE

yep. welcome

and bear in mind the A2 (permanently attached carry handle) is about $100-$130 less than the preferred A3, detachable carry handle, flat -top) - A3 version

Bushmaster is pretty good , too
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:47:05 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:
Depending on fiances go with a detectible carrying handle, six position stock and a 16" bbl for the tactical feel. That should do you some good.

Hehe, now THAT is a cool, unintentional play on words.  Finances/fiances!  Priceless!

Charlie 31

Happens to the best of us
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:54:04 AM EDT
ok from what i've been researching and from what yall have said i do want to get an A3 so i might wait around and see what i can find i'll probably keep looking cause i do want the 16" barrel and the adjustable stock thanks for all the help again i'm starting to learn a little bit already
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:56:40 AM EDT
the xm is just a ar15 variant.
does not mean jack other than its an ar15 made by bushmaster.

but from what i have seen $700 for even the lowest model no frills ar from bushmaster is a pretty decent price.

unless of course if its the carbon15 or one of their pistols
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:57:18 AM EDT

Quoted:
i'm looking for an AR-15 this will be my first right now i have a yugoslavian sks and a marlin 22  so you can tell i need an AR. i've found a bushmaster xm15e2s for $700 is this a good buy or should i keep looking? also would this be a good beginner gun to purchase or should i go for a different model??

Since this is an introductory AR, Bushie, Armalite or RRA are great starter guns.  I would stick with a standard A2 full length or carbine without all the fancy jazz like removable carrying handles and such.  If you get hooked you are gonna want another anyway.  You'll gain a lot of good experience and respect from being able to shoot a normal AR with straight irons.

Once your firmly hooked.....buy a Colt.

Top Top