Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/12/2005 9:53:23 PM EDT
Alright, I'm new to the building it yourself thing. All the rifles that I have purchased in the past were complete rifles. Anyway

Is LEWIS MACHINE & TOOL the same thing as LMT? I'm pretty sure I want a LMT upper but I'm unsure if there is a difference between the two.

Second, I'm trying to decide if I want to pay the $200 extra and go with a 14.5" barrel or stick with the 16" Do I need to go with an upper cut with M4 feed ramps or not. What are M4 feed ramps anyways?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:14:52 PM EDT
yes, lmt=lewis

check the FAQs, m4 ramps are there, also about 30 threads floating around.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:10:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By schapman43:
Alright, I'm new to the building it yourself thing. All the rifles that I have purchased in the past were complete rifles. Anyway

Is LEWIS MACHINE & TOOL the same thing as LMT? I'm pretty sure I want a LMT upper but I'm unsure if there is a difference between the two.

Second, I'm trying to decide if I want to pay the $200 extra and go with a 14.5" barrel or stick with the 16" Do I need to go with an upper cut with M4 feed ramps or not. What are M4 feed ramps anyways?

There are lots of LMT sellers at the Equipment Exchange section of this site, maybe now is the time to buy it because most of them are overstocked and will have lower prices.

It's your personal choice which one to get first between the 14.5" and 16" barrel.

ARFCOM way is usually get both. I have a 16" M4 LMT (upper and lower) carbine and it's fine.

M4 Feed Ramps thread link

Lewis Machine & Tool Company (LMT) website link
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:30:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 7:31:50 AM EDT by BH1]

Originally Posted By schapman43:

To add a third option you can use a 14.5 and a permanently attached flash hider that puts the OAL at 16 and you won't need the $200 SBR stamp and paperwork. More important than if you have extended ramps or not is that both your upper receiver and barrel extension are designed the same, either with or without the cuts.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:57:17 PM EDT
The Tactical Solution <info@thetacticalsolution.com> has 14.5” LMT complete upper assembly for $475 delivered. It comes complete with everything minus handguards and everything is factory LMT and that’s a price thats hard to beat.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:11:02 PM EDT
That price does not include the Bolt Carrier Group, Charging Handle, or Handguards.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:33:43 PM EDT
Contact Dennys guns or JTAC Supply, they both have great deals on 14.5" LMT uppers and both will permanently attach a Phantom for ya
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:03:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FedDC:
That price does not include the Bolt Carrier Group, Charging Handle, or Handguards.

Wrong... Just like I said, it includes everything except the handguards... Which means, you get the bolt carrier, bolt and charging handle along with the 14.5" upper...
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:26:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By theshootersden:
The Tactical Solution <info@thetacticalsolution.com> has 14.5” LMT complete upper assembly for $475 delivered. It comes complete with everything minus handguards and everything is factory LMT and that’s a price thats hard to beat.

Michael is a great guy to deal with and can get you hooked up with a quickness.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:12:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By theshootersden:

Originally Posted By FedDC:

Wrong... Just like I said, it includes everything except the handguards... Which means, you get the bolt carrier, bolt and charging handle along with the 14.5" upper...

You may be right...but if so, the seller is taking a massive loss. I have the .gov LMT price guide on my desk as I write this and while I am not allowed to reproduce the exact price, just the 14.5 upper receiver with flash supressor goes for right around that price... And that is with NO charging handle, BCG, or handguards.

If you can get all of that for 475, you should buy all of them you can.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:11:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:33:52 AM EDT
Those are really good prices for the 14.5" uppers. Anyone interested in it should try to get it at the sale price.

I bought my 16" upper with standard LMT BCG, free handguard, free CH and free shipping for $590 about four months ago.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:51:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Alpha-Romeo3:
Those are really good prices for the 14.5" uppers. Anyone interested in it should try to get it at the sale price.

I bought my 16" upper with standard LMT BCG, free handguard, free CH and free shipping for $590 about four months ago.

Yes it is... If I wasnt the type that likes to do all of my builds from scratch, Id jump on that offer in a heart beat...

I have nothing but praise for Michael from The Tactical Solution... I have never encounterd customer service like his from anyone else before... If you dont believe me, buy from him just once and you will see...
Top Top