Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2003 7:43:54 AM EDT
What is the trick to get accesories to sit level on a weaver mount? I'm having trouble when tightening the screws.

Thanks
M4-AK
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
What are you mounting that levels as the screws are tightened?

Most times the weaver mounting rings tighten left and right and to little up and down movement at all.

The scope is zeroed with the rings so unless the difference is huge it's adjustable out with the elevation turret.

Link Posted: 8/10/2003 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Okay, I'll admit to using a TAPCO mini-riser mount with a BSA red-dot. The red-dot has it's built in bracket.  Appears to tilt as it's tightened.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Tapco sells a lot of rail stuff made in Communist China, that's why it says so on the label. The rails ( female bottom & male top) are not machined, they are just extruded, much like the dimentions you get from a taffey pull. Total junk from what I have seen and others have commented here about before.
Bad shootin, Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top