Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2005 1:19:18 AM EDT
I thought it was strange that this warning label on the top of the box.

http://webpages.charter.net/1138/ar-ammo_002.jpg

So is this what your XM855PD looks like in a 1000 round box?

This is a 1000 round box of Lake City ammunition. I believe it is the XM855PD but it is not written on the box. The bullet has some steel in it, because they are attracted to a magnet, but no green tip. I found no tracers mixed in this box.

http://webpages.charter.net/1138/ar-ammo_001.jpg

.....And last the ammo...........with no green tiphttp://webpages.charter.net/1138/ar-ammo_003.jpg

Can't wait to go to the range. and run it over my Chrony.

All the headstamps are dated 01, 02, 03 with most of them being 02.

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:12:33 AM EDT
[#1]
thats for the wusses over in kalifornia.

and i would look over the rounds before sending them down range. seen some real ugly stuff about them
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]
kind of off topic but is there any place to really get tracers on the market? It would be nice to fire some of those at the range.

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I can properly dispose of it for you.  I'll even pay for shipping.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Cabellas sells Lake City gov't tracers  cant remmeber the model number. I'll find it when I get home.
Ammoman.com also sells the talon ones.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#5]
the PD does not have the green tip painted on, but it's the same ammo.  The worst i found in my batch was a couple of cracked case necks, which i fired anyway without problems.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
kind of off topic but is there any place to really get tracers on the market? It would be nice to fire some of those at the range.

Yes there are at least a dozen places to purchase tracer ammunition including a whole bunch of gunshows.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I hope you're not talking about an indoor range...

BTW all that bullshit about the hole in the ozone was de-bunked about 10 years ago...
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:36:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the PD does not have the green tip painted on, but it's the same ammo.  The worst i found in my batch was a couple of cracked case necks, which i fired anyway without problems.

Actually, some PD has the green tip. I received 2K rounds from Ammoman (XM855PD), and they all had the green tip. Seems like it's more of a coin toss wheter you get the paint jobs or not.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top