Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2002 6:12:11 PM EDT
Hi everyone.  I just wanted to thank you all for the wealth of information I've been able to gather over the last few years on this site.  I do not post very much but I read this site every night, and every question I've had has been answered.

I finally got my parts kit yesterday, and my father and I put it together with nary a hitch.  I now have a Rock River 16" flat-top upper mounted on a PWA lower with the standard A2 stock, and the ARMS #40 flip-up rear sight.  

Special thanks to:
- Whoever wrote the Lower Receiver Assembly Instructions on the old site (only credit was to [email protected]) - these were EXCELLENT!
- Troy, Tatjana and Brouhaha for the Ammo FAQ
- Troy for the Mag FAQ
- FALARAK for the Mag Refinishing info
- Eric the Ammoman for the mags and ammo
- Donnie at SableCo for helping me with my order, and letting me change a few things a day later
- and of course Goatboy and the rest of his family for keeping this site running so well

What's the deal with the teeth, you ask?  Well, I got 4 wisdom teeth taken out this morning.    I have stopped drooling blood, and am feeling well enough to drink a chocolate milkshake and write all this.  Having a sweet new rifle to try out should speed the recovery process substantially.

If you see some rookie trying to sight in his new rifle at one of the ranges around Seattle in the next few weeks, give him a hand, OK?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]

I got 4 wisdom teeth taken out this morning.

Terrato;

Congrats on getting the AR put together. Hope it works well for you and that you have a long and memorable experience with it.

Don't worry a bit about them four wisdom teeth however. Most of the "old farts" hanging around this board don't have four of their original teeth left in their entire head.

All good . . . . Doug . . . .
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#2]
When I clicked on this, I was afraid it was going to be about a buffer tube or buffer going for a short, spring-assisted flight into somebody's mouth.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you see some rookie trying to sight in his new rifle at one of the ranges around Seattle in the next few weeks, give him a hand, OK?  

'Hand' hell. How 'bout a standing O!

Good job. Have fun!
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I had upper jaw expansion done in May of this year.  I was out of work for 2 1/2 weeks and had to have something to do, so I built a new rifle!!  It's fun to build things and it helps you get better when you are looking forward to getting out and shooting.

Hope your feeling better and have fun with the new toy!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#5]
HEY,,,,,,,,DON'T FORGET TO THANK ME TOO!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top