Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/20/2006 5:03:49 PM EDT
I don't know if this will help anybody but here -   www.smithenterprise.com/products15.html  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Vortex 458 SOCOM FH from Smith, they said they had 7 left(this was about a month ago).

I was extremely dissappointed in the service I received.  They were rude and didn't seem like they wanted to talk about their product at all.  Even asked me if I was going to order someting or not!  I hate doing business with people that don't care about anything but the buck.  Even when I asked about how it worked they told me to take a class in physics and learn about vortexes.  Just a bad experience, glad I won't be dealing with them again.

Back to the point, the Vortex is nice, ITS HUGE with a BIG HONKIN HOLE in the middle!  I got mine for $50 +10 shipping.  Get em while you can they told me they aren't being produced because they feel that the 458 SOCOM is a FLOP.  Bet this was before RRA got into the game!

matt
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I bought a Vortex 458 SOCOM FH from Smith, they said they had 7 left(this was about a month ago).

I was extremely dissappointed in the service I received.  They were rude and didn't seem like they wanted to talk about their product at all.  Even asked me if I was going to order someting or not!  I hate doing business with people that don't care about anything but the buck.  Even when I asked about how it worked they told me to take a class in physics and learn about vortexes.  Just a bad experience, glad I won't be dealing with them again.

Back to the point, the Vortex is nice, ITS HUGE with a BIG HONKIN HOLE in the middle!  I got mine for $50 +10 shipping.  Get em while you can they told me they aren't being produced because they feel that the 458 SOCOM is a FLOP.  Bet this was before RRA got into the game!

matt

FWIW
RRA has been in the 458 SOCOM game for a little longer than a month, my guess is more than a year
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:15:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems very out of place for Smith to act like that considering Ron Smith stopped by the RRA booth at SHOT to personally thank Steve and RRA crew for their business and he was quite personable and complimentary of the .458 ....  heck, he is holding on to the 16" SS Lothar Walther barrel we sent for fitting the test version ...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:38:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

matt

I had a very similarly sad experience with them as well, about the same time frame as yours.  

Tom  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:57:14 AM EDT
[#5]
huh, odd, maybe its one disgruntle person?  These have happened before where one person can sour a company rep.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Still waiting for my commission...  

Spooky

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top