Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2002 9:45:05 AM EDT
Talked to a buddy the other day who has one he is thinking of selling. I have not seen it yet so dont know the condition. What I was wondering is...are they really that rare? What might one expect to pay(fair price) for one,in the 95% range? I did a search and could'nt find much, does anybody have links to info about them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Just MHO, but I think a nickel plated AR would be the fugliest thing around.  I don't want that much bling on my AR.

Although it would go great with a chrome Lorcin.  [@:D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Price?

Your weapon's dignity.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Zoomer
I assume you are talking about the old colt sp-1's w/the dull electroless nickel 'coltguard' finish...it looks like a dull gold color? My father has one in 95+% and has been offered 2500+ for it, but won't sell it. It has a chrome bore & shoots pretty damn good!
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
does anyone have a pic of this...um...rifle?

Tony
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
freshhoarse
someone had a pretty good photo album link up a year or so ago..i'll see if i can find it, if not i'll take a few.
pat
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I have seen an SP-1 with the nickel finish and wood furniture. At the same recurring gunshow four times a year for two years.

$1850.00 I think.

I'd spend the money if I had it, but there are always other "needs" when I walk in the building.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks nemo, I guess I wasn't to clear. Thats the baby alright...$2500..Ouch.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#8]
You might check with these folks if you want a nickle finish...

http://www.robarguns.com/additionalfinishes.asp

I actually have an email into them regarding one of their finishes, but I haven't heard anything yet.  Admittedly though, I just sent in the email this morning.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have seen an SP-1 with the nickel finish and wood furniture. At the same recurring gunshow four times a year for two years.
View Quote

Same thing here. This particular vendor
at the www.migunshows.com shows always has
the same old preban
Colt SP1 with the matte electroless
nickel finish/w A2 handguards and stock at every show for like the past two years.

I don't exactly do backflips everytime I see
it either. In my case the reg. Configured
SP1s seem to catch my eye a litte more. They
go for $2000 while the nickel one goes for
$3K.

Kinda reminds me of an Albino AR.[>:/]

But it's your money.Do whatchulike.[;)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top