Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2006 5:19:47 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me the advantage of the Leupold Mark 4 PR series of scopes over their VX-I series? Just comparing the specs on the 3-9x40 versions, it looked like the VX-I is shorter (by 0.1"), lighter (by 1 oz), has more consistent eye releif (4.2"-3.7" vs 4.2"-3.2").

Is there some major advantage to the Mark 4 PR that I'm not seeing that justifies it being double the price (other than being "tactical")?

My intended use is for casual range use from 25 yards to 200 yards, with most shooting being at either the 25 yard or 100 yard, and it's getting mounted on a 20" HBar.

For reference:
Mark 4 3-9x40mm PR
www.leupold.com/products/scopes.asp (linking to the scope details isn't going to work with ASP, but you can select it out of the list)
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#1]

IIRC the PR series uses the same glass as the previous Vari-X III series which means the optics are better/clearer.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top