Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2003 3:42:07 AM EDT
Is anyone using this trigger in their AR-15? How d'ya like it, if so? I'm building a varmint AR, and the issue trigger has to go. The Jard trigger sounds and looks good, but I'd like some first-hand feedback before I buy one.

So far I've had three replies on other boards - 2 pro, 1 con.  I appreciate any input that anyone can provide!

Link Posted: 8/22/2003 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I like single stage so choice is JARD, JP and Accuracy speaks. The Jard had just too many screws for me, but gives the best trigger if your trying to get below 3lbs. Accuracy speaks is best as far as no screws at all improves on the sear angle problem. JP works with stock hammers, still has two screws but I can get a really crisp 3lb trigger with no over travel with factory hammer springs, good for hard primers like surplus berdan primed stuff. Plus I like the way I fit the safety on the JP.

Link Posted: 8/22/2003 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have always used the Jewell two stage triggers, but I tried a JARD awhile back.  I thought it kinda sucked to be honest with you.  If you set the trigger for a crispy break at 2-3 pounds, the thing wanted to double all the time.  You had to increase the sear engagement so far to prevent doubling that it created a spongy feel.  Better than stock, but certainly not bench rest quality.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top