Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/26/2003 4:11:08 PM EDT
5.) Individuals who either post or link to, information on how to make illegal modifications to firearms, or purchase illegal items, will be removed and banned from this Website.

I trashed the Lightning Link thread. PLEASE, none of that stuff here.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't see anything on it that got out of hand, did something go wrong with it after the post I made?

Seeming how the things are legal to own and transfer so long as they are registered, what's wrong with posting such information for "educational" reasons.    Unless explicit directions were posted on how to make the things, like a blueprint, what is the real problem with just pictures of the things?

Though it's funny that a google search for the word "lightning link" turns up useable results/pictures for the device.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I didn't see anything on it that got out of hand, did something go wrong with it after the post I made?

Seeming how the things are legal to own and transfer so long as they are registered, what's wrong with posting such information for "educational" reasons.    Unless explicit directions were posted on how to make the things, like a blueprint, what is the real problem with just pictures of the things?

Though it's funny that a google search for the word "lightning link" turns up useable results/pictures for the device.
View Quote

It your post was the reason that I trashed it. Its was a little too much information for my comfort. It may not have been a violation of the conduct code so I saw no reason to give you a warning.

There maybe other websites on the internet that contain information on LLs. Thats fine but there will be no gray area discussions of modifications while I'm here.

I really like this place and the people that hang here. I do not want anything posted here that would jeapordize the existance of this website.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm outta here.  Uglygun, sorry to hear about your Thread.  Too many egg shells to try and walk around in this forum.  Either some Moderator has a kanipshion because some word sounded "dirty", or he is on some kind of major power trip and whatever he deems unsuitable in his opinion is enough to lower the hammer!  Trying to abide by all the silly rules in here is as bad as trying to buy a gun in Kalifornia.  And I don't even live there! Nor do I own an AR-15. Either way, this sight ain't for me! Color me gone.  OUT!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top