Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2003 6:53:44 PM EDT
I know about the differences between Military and SAMMI spec chambers (i.e. 5.56 vs. .223 and 7.62 vs. .308) in rifles. I have never heard of similar chamber relationships in pistols. Until I ran across this in the HK Mark 23 manual:

The main differences are slide Markings (Mark 23 as opposed to MK 23) and a barrel manufactured to SAMMI headspace specifications.

Are there other examples of this difference in chamber types found in pistols?

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The only instance I can think of is the .45acp\.45 super.  The super is just a hotter load, that requires heavier springs.  Both will chamber in a regular barrel, but the super will beat a weak springed gun to pieces.  I do believe that the super case has been beefed up around the web to make up for the higher pressures.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top