Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2015 6:34:49 PM EDT
I noticed that radical firearms has a sale on their .50 and .458 uppers right now.  I think I am going to go with the .50 Beowulf though, because of the lower price in ammo.  

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the .50 Beowulf from this company and if you guys had any comments/suggestions on going with a 10.5" or 16" barrel.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The 10.5 is like shooting a 16" Mosin nagant m44. The guys at Radical when i talked to them said "It's pretty intense and actually kinda painful to shoot". So, take that however you want. I have one arriving this coming week in 16" rifle form. The stock and grip they use are pretty horrible though.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 10.5 is like shooting a 16" Mosin nagant m44. The guys at Radical when i talked to them said "It's pretty intense and actually kinda painful to shoot". So, take that however you want. I have one arriving this coming week in 16" rifle form. The stock and grip they use are pretty horrible though.
View Quote

I can actually shoot my M44 all day without issues.  3.5" slugs out of a pump shotgun on the other hand are another question, haha.  

Actually, thinking about it some more.  If I got a 10.5" barrel that wasn't going to be used on my pistol, I would probably have a hard time finding a muzzle device that had a large enough diameter opening for the .50 round and also be long enough to meet the 16" bbl.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 5:26:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 12.5 beowulf from Alexander Arms. It is... An expiriece. It's not the recoil, the recoil is about the same as a 20 gauge shotgun. The concussion is was gets you. It's a good feeling.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 16" and it's awesome!  I wouldn't want anything shorter.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 2:12:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a 16" and it's awesome!  I wouldn't want anything shorter.
View Quote

I ended up going with the 16" from RF.  Just overall seemed like a good value that I wouldn't be able to replicate or beat for what you get.

I suppose it's time to find some ammo.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered the 10.5" last week. Not sure how long it'll take to show up. Site says 6-8 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I ordered the 10.5" last week. Not sure how long it'll take to show up. Site says 6-8 weeks.
View Quote

I ordered mine, in the beginning of july and it should be arriving at my shop this week.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:07:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I ordered mine, in the beginning of july and it should be arriving at my shop this week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did they give you status updates or how did you keep track of your order during the process?  I've only gotten a order receipt/confirmation.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Had to call them for updates. It still says "Processing" if i check online.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#10]
JUST DO IT! This is an Alexander Arms 12" upper that I had cut down to 10.5"

I'd compare the recoil more to a 12 gauge than a 20 gauge. But the comment about the concussion is completely accurate. You feel that big bang in your manly chest! No hipsters are allowed to shoot this rifle because they would cry!

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'd compare the recoil more to a 12 gauge than a 20 gauge. But the comment about the concussion is completely accurate. You feel that big bang in your manly chest! No hipsters are allowed to shoot this rifle because they would cry!

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3822/20353307452_9b0a8f0536_c.jpg
View Quote

Thats hot, I ordered the 16 because i didnt want to handicap the cartridge with a shorter barrel, but I may have to pick up the 10.5 someday.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I wasn't able to find much for ballistic data on short barrels. I wouldn't think it would hurt it too bad? That's a complete guess though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wasn't able to find much for ballistic data on short barrels. I wouldn't think it would hurt it too bad? That's a complete guess though.
View Quote

I believe its something like 100 FPS and 200 ft lbs going from 16-12.5" so 10.5 is probably slightly more. I know when using much heavier projectiles you can lose as much as 3-400 ft lbs of energy.

Beowulf Ballistics

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3822/20353307452_9b0a8f0536_c.jpg
View Quote

That is a seriously sweet looking Beowulf!
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#15]
It still will completely DESTROY anything put in front of it even at the 10.5" barrel length. Check out my Instagram. I have a few videos of exploding watermelons. Username is tactic_al

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top