Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2002 9:21:12 AM EDT
No one has really given me a good answer.  Is a Cav lower up to the beating of a .458 SOCOM.  I just got in on the group purchase.  I already have a cav lower with a dissipater on it and like it a lot.  
I anyone thinks its OK I'll go with it.  With the expense of the ammo I doubt I will shoot it like I do 5.56.  I just don't want the Cav lower to split up the center on the third round.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think it would be ok since the lower isn't really under any stress but if I were you i'd contact CavArms and see what they recommend, just to be on the safe side.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
i think "love2shoot" said he has used his cav15 lower for bigger rounds and didnt have anything wrong happen..love2shoot works at cav arms so if there was anything wrong with shooting the .458 im sure he would have said so..besiade the cav guys are all ways trying to prove that there lowers are strong..and i belive them.
tattoo
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top