Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 5:40:22 AM EDT
Anyone got load data for a Barnes Original .458 cal 300 grain SSP bullet, catalogue #457010. Also, anyone have load data for the Barnes 300 grain TSX FB, catalogue #45814. This is for a 10" barrel, fwiw.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=121&t=386897

Ron,

Take a look at this thread for some info.  I have loaded both the Barnes original and older X bullet using the regular load data for 300 grain bullets.  I do not have my recipes in front of me right now, but I am using H4198 which would likely be too slow for your short barrel.  If you do not have the available load data, drop me a line and I will send it all to you.  One of the spread sheets is using a 9" barrel.  I have not found any anomolies with any brand of bullet against the published data.  Just start low, and work up.

Please bear in mind what has been posted in the above link and in other places here.  There is a big difference in plinking/target bullets and hunting use as it applies to Barnes (and others).  458WM designed bullets are not likely to open at your 10" velocites.  45-70 class bullets will likely need to be tested, if you plan on dropping the hammer on a critter.

Craig
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Any experience with the Rainier leadsafe bullets? They're pretty inexpensive....112 bucks for 500...
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top