Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/17/2008 4:24:00 PM EDT
buddy of mine is planning on going with .458 or .50 Beowulf on his next build. he asked me, but honestly i've never really dealt with either, nor looked into them.

from the little i've read the .458 is the way to go, but then i know you can get the .50 Beowulf ammo at bass pro around here.

anyway, was wondering what the pro's and con's were of both. any input appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
let me be the first to say ....
tell him to get both....
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
buddy of mine is planning on going with .458 or .50 Beowulf on his next build. he asked me, but honestly i've never really dealt with either, nor looked into them.

from the little i've read the .458 is the way to go, but then i know you can get the .50 Beowulf ammo at bass pro around here.

anyway, was wondering what the pro's and con's were of both. any input appreciated.

They are both great. I have a 50 and love it but I would not mind a 458 either. I reload my 50 because ammo can and does get scarce and also expensive. I assume 458 is not cheap or plentyful either. It is not for the recoil shy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]

you can catch more of the .458 and .50 guys HERE

that said. i've decided on a .458

i like what i've seen and when it's time to reload i've got lots of .45 on hand
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top