Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:06:54 AM EDT
I've found five round mags, and nothing higher.  Does anyone make higher cap mags for the .450 Bushmaster?  
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:19:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've found five round mags, and nothing higher.  Does anyone make higher cap mags for the .450 Bushmaster?  

Doubt anyone makes these.

Wanting to try out that M-16 lower?  
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Doubt anyone makes these.

Wanting to try out that M-16 lower?

That is the highest capacity for the .450 Bushmaster.

Larry
C Products

That is the highest capacity mag THEY sell.

In the SGN article they mentioned that a 30 round magazine will hold 9 rounds.

I'm guessing from looking at the 5 rounder I have that it's one of your stainless mags, correct?

I bought some of the blue followers from Fulton Armory to see if I can make some 9 rounders.
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Use the Stainless Mags.  The Aluminum Mag that came with the rifle would not hold the cartridges securely enough and result in stovepiping.  In the Bushmaster SS Mags, replace the spring with a standard 20 type -- then it will hold 7 rounds.

I just purchased 2 - 30 round mags from sig for the 556.  They work great and hold 12 rounds. Fed perfectly and did not have to use a blue follower.  

Regarding the SS mags -- I very lightly polished the inside edge of the feed lips so my cases did not get all scratched up.
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Get a 50 Beowulf.
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get 10 in a HK mag but it will only feed 1-5,  6-10 will FTF. Al mags=dont even try

The brass diameter does not work well with the feed lips and the strait case does not work well in a 30 rounder. Basically the options suck

I need a strait 30 rounder or weld 2 twenties together.

The options suck right now.

Heres pics of the probems here
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Any update on the sig 556 magazines working with the .450 rounds?  I finally located a pair of 556 magazines which I am going to purchase if the .450 rounds work in them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Went to the range yesterday with some handloads for the .450 and also the new Sig 556 magazines.  I loaded each magazine with 10 and function tested them several times using the factory loads.  It worked flawlesly and I that was with the Sig factory follower.

At the range I ran two magazines with 10 in each and again the magazines worked flawlesly.  To be honest I have had two misfeeds with the stock Bushmaster 5 round magazines...so the Sig 556 magazines are a winner as far as Im concerned with the .450

Time will tell how they hold up though.

Link Posted: 8/1/2008 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Great!  Mine work just fine also.  Regarding wear -- the cartridge rim gets rough from the extractor and may in time wear away the forward portion of the feed lips.  But, like you said -- only time will tell.  I also have been using the Magpul P20, but only with my 240gr. reloads because of magazine OAL.  These mags will not work with factory ammo -- but the the 240 gr. bullet I can get 7 in that mag.  I modified the stock follower with a sanding drum on a dremel tool to  a 1/2 round profile to hold the cartridge more in the center, otherwise they did not feed the last round well.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Went to the range yesterday with some handloads for the .450 and also the new Sig 556 magazines.  I loaded each magazine with 10 and function tested them several times using the factory loads.  It worked flawlesly and I that was with the Sig factory follower.

At the range I ran two magazines with 10 in each and again the magazines worked flawlesly.  To be honest I have had two misfeeds with the stock Bushmaster 5 round magazines...so the Sig 556 magazines are a winner as far as Im concerned with the .450

Time will tell how they hold up though.

my Sig 556 mags will hold 12 rounds, but I havent tested them yet. Did you find you could only load 10 and have it be reliable or is 10 all you could fit in your mags?
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#12]
It will hold 12 like you say however I had issues with the first round misfeeding and then the 11th round messing up as well.  This happened several times.
You may be able to get 11 to work but I felt comfortable with 10.
It was flawless at 10.  

Link Posted: 8/8/2008 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I may have stated this before -- but I installed the blue follower in both of my 556 mags.  Requires fitting, but aids in feeding on the last round.  Overall capacity is reduced by 1, so 10 or 11 will work.  Couple two mags together and you have 20 rounds to hit with.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top