Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2007 12:11:47 PM EDT
I've searched around and not found any useful information on this topic.  Can anybody tell me as to whether a .40 cal Carbine should initially be zeroed at 25 yards or 50 yards?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
For some, I think it depends on how close they want the Zombies to get from their given firing position, before said Zombies are labotomized.

If you shoot the lightest 40 bullet, (135gr?) chances are it will be the flattest and more forgiving in bullet rise and drop at various distances.

Set your zero to your intended firing distance with ammo intended to be used - this applies in all firearm types.

Personally I'd go with a 100 yard zero, as even shooting a 40 pistol at that range (just did so yesterday with 180gr's) the fixed sights on my Sig put me right on target.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen advice about 9mms calling for zeroing at 25-50 yards.  While the .40 is more powerful and can be faster, I'd go with that range.  Half a football field away is more than adequate for knocking down zombies without having to wiff their guts as they splatter.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top