Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 5:55:01 PM EDT

Lets just say I have around $4000 to spend between now and a possible Liberal regime [ie Kerry].

If I want to preserve my rights by stockpiling items such as lowers,complete rifles,"evil" accessories,surplus ammo etc.  ...what should those items be ???

This is not a fantasy, I mean it. I want to be able to shoot AR's for a long time, and my little boy loves them too !!!

I have a really good AR, and a couple of nice semi auto .308's and a couple of good bolt guns. I have every pistol I could ever want along with land to shoot them.

So , we are not exactly starting from scratch. I also stockpiled about 6000 rounds of variouse types.

The reason for this in the AR forum ,well ,AR-15's are my favorite . They also seem to stand the best chance for being eliminated from private ownership because of the 'assault rifle' tag in the media,and the ease and recognizability to the public.

So , my question again is ,   what AR related items or whole rifles or accessories should I buy ? Remember , I want my son to enjoy his rights too. !!  It just seems that Liberal Govt. will make that harder in the future.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a M11 for some FA fun.  Land...  in VA?  Where r U?  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
M16A4gery

M4gery

DissipatorA3

2 ACOG's
50 NIW USGI 30 Rounders
XM193 or Q3131A 5000+ rounds
A few Starlight cases

That probably totals more than 4K, but you'd be set for years barring an outright ban. Which Kerry would gladly support.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
If you already have what you want. Just buy some low cost AR's for back up. Or maybe even some $300 AK's and cheap Wolf ammo may fit the bill. I don't think I would spend it two high dollar rifles when I could get 4 low cost good quality rifles and some ammo. I know you can put together an AR15 for under $6-650.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm just plain envious. hinking.gif  Whatever you decide to get with your $4000, I'm glad to see you spend it on something that you and your son both like.  I really enjoy a day at the range with my 14 year old son.  Without  getting too mushy, it's a good father/son bonding activity and gets another generation started in the right direction.  I remember fondly shooting and hunting with my grandfather and my dad.   It's like shooting history when I shoot my granddads old Remington model 34 .22.  That rifle put a lot of food on the table back in the 30's.  Anyway... enough of this mushy stuff and back to the subject of the thread...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Never under estimate the value of some good accesories.

Make sure all semiautos have a good supply of magazines, with the sunset of the federal nuisance now will be the time to stock up if you are betting on a more strict law to follow.

Optics are definitely nice but I do not forsee a ban on military grade optics such as magnified optics or red dot sights.    Night vision?   Possible but that's not quite on the radar yet either.

I'd say stock up on a few more AR15 lowers, they are relatively cheap.    As a Californian I cannot tell you how glad I am that I bought 3 AR15s and an AR10 when I did, roughly 2 years before the ban went into effect.     I just wish I bought more magazines while they were cheap, not just for my own stockpile but as an investment.    I was buying brand new Labelle mags from Bushmaster and DPMS for right at 20-24 dollars each 2 years before the Ca. ban, in the last 3-4 months before the ban those magazines went through the roof selling for as high as 60 dollars each on Ebay.    I could have made a killing if I had stocked up with 1k dollars or so worth of magazines only to sell them for 35-40 dollars each, didn't have the foresight.

I do forsee a 50cal. ban on the horizon if Kerry got elected, thrown right in there with a new "assault weapon" ban.    Getting a 50Cal. upper like the ALS or Ferret 50 to use in conjunction with a single shot DPMS cheapy lower, that might be a smart investment.    Ammo costs are pretty rediculous though and that's about the one thing that keeps me from wanting to play the 50BMG game, though I am facing a ban on 50BMG here in Ca. though so now I may wind up squaring one away for the collection soon enough.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#6]
You need to invest in full auto.  prices just keep going up, and once you fire your first burst, all your semi-autos will collect dust or get sold
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top