Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 9:31:13 PM EDT
Has anyone shot any of the surplus 1998 .308 Royal Ordanance ammo being sold through Wideners? It's listed as current U.K issue ammo and is sold in a 640 round sealed metal can for $105 + shipping. 147 gr FMJBT copper M-80 bullet and boxer primed. Doesn't say what the case is made of though.

I have a renewed love for my M1A since I scoped it and want some good quality ammo for it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
hmmm, not sure what the year is, but I've got a case of nato marked RG (radway green), no problems to report yet.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#2]
7IDL, What is the Bullet weight on the Radway Green Ammo? I just bought some in plain Clear plastic Bags so ia have no info on it .

Thanks , s-3
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:18:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
7IDL, What is the Bullet weight on the Radway Green Ammo? I just bought some in plain Clear plastic Bags so ia have no info on it .

Thanks , s-3
View Quote

That would be 147 grain bullets in the Radway Green.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks , s-3
View Quote

That would be 147 grain bullets in the Radway Green.
View Quote

BETTER GET A DOCTOR'S SECOND OR THIRD OPINION

YEP 147gr

That'll be $300.00 please pay on the way out at the fron desk.
[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Be careful there. I don't think that is Radway Green ammo. I think it is the Indian junk that is going around. Better call and verify before you buy any.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Be careful there. I don't think that is Radway Green ammo. I think it is the Indian junk that is going around. Better call and verify before you buy any.
View Quote

Haven't heard anything about this Indian ammo you are referring to but the add in Shotgun News made no reference to it being Radway Green either and I suspect they would have jumped on that boat. It does state that "This is the finest surplus 308 ammo [b]EVER AVAILABLE[/b]".

Surely they wouldn't lie would they?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Wideners web site says 5% of the rounds are "creased" and won't chamber or fire.  640 rnds for 85.00.

WTF??
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wideners web site says 5% of the rounds are "creased" and won't chamber or fire.  640 rnds for 85.00.

WTF??
View Quote

So much for the finest 308 ammo ever available.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#9]
It is Indian and it is crap.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top