Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 7:20:18 PM EDT

I have no idea what these cartridges are. I've consulted every Bullet FAQ, every forum archive, FAS.org, and wore out Google, yet I still cannot find any information even as to the function of these rounds. They're unfired, bear a 68 Lake City headstamp, are apparently .308, and have this proboscis filled with some kind of red resin. They don't have the traditional rose-petal crimp of a blank. Small amount of red sealant on the primer. Your assistance identifying these would be appreciated.

I found them at a flea market, 20 or so all linked together. I asked the guy what they were, and he declared them to be ".223 Tracer Blanks." I then thought to myself "My ass," but let him off the hook. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:21:32 PM EDT
they're just 7.62 blanks linked for an M60/M240. Nothing mysterious.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:40:44 PM EDT
Well now I feel like an ass. Sure enough, the M82. Thanks for the help. As for why I couldnt figure it out before, I may have been dropped as a child.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:05:34 PM EDT
Some of us shoot blanks all the time, don't worry.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:50:34 AM EDT
Just older M82 blanks.

The M82 round changed from a paper wad to a star crimp sometime in the late 1980s/early 1990s.
Top Top