Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 5:24:27 AM EDT
Sorry if I'm not posting in the right place. Which of the .308 variants is using the FAL inch or metric magazines. Knew this once upon a time but am having a complete brain fart!

THANKS,
Sarge
SFC,US Army, Retired
NRA Life
www.snipercountry.com
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster did, rock river is going to this summer
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#3]
So Bushy isn't making the .308's with the FAL magazines now?? I'm looking to buy but don't want to have to spend the money on those pricey converted M-14 mags.
SniperX Thanks for the welcome!
Sarge
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I "heard a rumor" that Bushmaster is no longer offering 308 ARs due to bolt carrier cracking (2nd or 3rd hand info to me - needs verification).

RRA has announced they will sell .308 ARs that use FAL mags - coming in the summer. They have said something about having solved the cracking problem.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Correct, Bushmaster discontinued the line and Rock River is picking it up, seeing as they designed it.

The bolt breakage issue was related to a design flaw in the bolts form, and Bushmaster corrected it. RRA has said they are going to thicken up the problematic area even more just to be safe.

Wait for the summer as the Rock River's should be obtainable for around $1K.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder what RR is doing that Bushy and the company before them (?) who tried using FAL mags could not do?  Has RR really gotten the problem fixed or like BM, have they not tested enough?
BM thought they had the problem licked too until the guns hit the real world, then snap-a-roo.
When the RR has been on the market for two or three years without bolts popping like popcorn THEN I may be interested, but until then Armalite and DPMS get my money.  They seem to have it right, or at least more right than BM, their predecessor, and probably RR.  JMO
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top