Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2010 6:24:59 PM EDT
I am building a lower for a 16" .300 Whisper that will be used for supersonic and subsonic ammo.  I will have a Magpul CTR stock and was wondering what type of buffer and buffer spring you would recommend for this application?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am building a lower for a 16" .300 Whisper that will be used for supersonic and subsonic ammo.  I will have a Magpul CTR stock and was wondering what type of buffer and buffer spring you would recommend for this application?

I have built six 300-221 Fireball (a.k.k. 300 Whisper)rifles.  All of them ran fine running either subsonic or super sonic loads using a standard rifle weight buffer and buffer spring(s).

320pf
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have built six 300-221 Fireball (a.k.k. 300 Whisper)rifles.  All of them ran fine running either subsonic or super sonic loads using a standard rifle weight buffer and buffer spring(s).

320pf

I've only built one but it runs fine with a standard carbine buffer and spring.  It happens to have a CTR as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:41:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
What barrel lengths are you guys building?  Id like to build one and keep the length, with suppressor, short.  Ive got a spare registered lower ready for something.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What barrel lengths are you guys building?  Id like to build one and keep the length, with suppressor, short.  Ive got a spare registered lower ready for something.

Mine is a 10.5" Noveske with pistol gas system.  Works with subs and supers and with my YHM suppressor it is about the same length as a standard 16" with a flash hider.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got an 8" barrel, adjustable gas block (closed, hi-pressure, and low-pressure) and it works great for my subs (220SMKs subsonic) with and without my 9mm suppressor on.  Haven't shot the supersonics yet out of the 8" and probably won't.  That is what the 16" is for :)
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top