http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=41895455

Well, would you? I don't see $3000.00
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#3]
well it looks like a south paw deal.  Ejection on the left hand side.  That probably a lot of the cost diff.  But 3k is still crazy.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
well it looks like a south paw deal.  Ejection on the left hand side.  That probably a lot of the cost diff.  But 3k is still crazy.

I think Noveske Rifle-works is one of the high-end, custom AR houses that uses premium parts throughout.

Highlighted by arguably the finest barrels available.

They clearly aren't for everybody. But like many high-quality things in life, there is a market for them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#5]
The stag lefties aren't that much more..

If I was to drop that kind of money on a weapon...

I'd use that upper Adco is selling, the one that was "used" in Iraq(very gently). Seems to be well set up..
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yes, a southpaw, but I don't that much cost diff. -  A Stag lefty upper complete is $500-$700 from the factory. I got WOA to build me SPRish upper using a Stag lefty upper, SS SPR barrel & DCM float tube and regular hand guards including shipping for $665.00.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, a southpaw, but I don't that much cost diff. -  A Stag lefty upper complete is $500-$700 from the factory. I got WOA to build me SPRish upper using a Stag lefty upper, SS SPR barrel & DCM float tube and regular hand guards including shipping for $665.00.

where did anyone see Stag on that page?  You are comparing apples and oranges.  If it was on a Stag Upper, I could see your comparisons, but its not.  Like stated earlier, this is a Noveske gun, therefore its expensive.  Add onto that that its a southpaw, so that adds onto an already high price.  I dont know how many southpaws Noveske makes, but I'm sure its not many.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Note it says CMT Upper

CMT - Stag
Same Animal.

People read CMT, know its a Stag lefty, hense the use of Stag when discussing it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Noveske Rifle-works is one of the high-end, custom AR houses that uses premium parts throughout.

Highlighted by arguably the finest barrels available.

They clearly aren't for everybody. But like many high-quality things in life, there is a market for them.

I went to Noveske web site to check out the prices on their polygon barrels = $370.00, not bad for one  of the main parts that makes a AR - But still ............$2995.00   -  (Note to self, if this AR sells, I'm buying Noveske Barrel and put another $500 worth of premium parts together built by WOA and put it on GB for $2499.00 - Under cut them by $500.00 and still profit a easy grand).
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

where did anyone see Stag on that page?  You are comparing apples and oranges.  If it was on a Stag Upper, I could see your comparisons, but its not.  Like stated earlier, this is a Noveske gun, therefore its expensive.  Add onto that that its a southpaw, so that adds onto an already high price.  I dont know how many southpaws Noveske makes, but I'm sure its not many.

As stated by Orion76 - STAG is CMT
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Lot o' money, but then this looks to be the only Magpul PRS I've ever seen for actual sale...(of course I haven't been following that closely).

Add in the Noveske barrel and other premium parts assembeled by them, and I bet that's a reasonable MSRP.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#12]
funny thing is that most wouldnt have a problem dropping 3k on a 1911, but wouldnt consider spending 3k on a high end AR.

In addition, if you start adding up your AR accessories, 300 for a stock, 300-500 for a good rail, 250 for a LaRue mount, lights 100-300, Misc crap adds up, you get my point it does take long to have 2k in a AR.

And no I wouldnt pay 3k for that AR, but I dont think it to far off for a Noveske built rifle
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#14]
The 20" barrel would be a custom order. As far as I know, Noveske doesn't offer 20" barrels regularly.

Another thing to note, is that it would appear this rifle is being sold directly by Noveske. With the Larue gear, BUIS's, PRS stock, the barrel, two stage trigger, and Tango Down goodies, the price seems pretty fair of you ask me. Add in the ambi parts, and that's also an extra chunk of change. The Norgon ambi mag release is even pushing towards $100 itself IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#15]
You could build it for less than $2K.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
funny thing is that most wouldnt have a problem dropping 3k on a 1911, but wouldnt consider spending 3k on a high end AR.

In addition, if you start adding up your AR accessories, 300 for a stock, 300-500 for a good rail, 250 for a LaRue mount, lights 100-300, Misc crap adds up, you get my point it does take long to have 2k in a AR.

And no I wouldnt pay 3k for that AR, but I dont think it to far off for a Noveske built rifle

Right on

Why would folks pay 1K for a M4 at a gun shop when you could build one for 6-700$?  Becuase they want to.

Folks who doubt it need to realize that Noveske is to AR's as Dakota Arms is to bolt hunting rifles.

I'm not bashing any name here - Just seemed like a whole lot-money for pieces-parts of a AR that is only the base gun and your still left to get all the toys to go with it - I wouldn't dump $3000.00 into a 1911, but each own, just like the $3000.00 AR, each to his own.

You could start a whole different thread on this topic: What is the maximum amount of $$$$ you would spend on a base AR? You still have to buy all the toys for it........
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#17]
That price does seam High !

This is from their web site-

Noveske complete upper-$1097
Noveske complete lower $500
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Barrett AR's can run up over 2 grand easily.  And they are better than colt ever dreamed of being.  Main problem is you can't buy then with a collapsible stock unless your LEO or .Mil
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a left-handed DPMS AR-15 which ran me about $900.00 and shoots in the 1 moa range, sometimes sub moa.  

It's currently being reworked and rebarreled by George at GA Precision with a 20" SS Brougton 5C 1:8 twist varmint barrel.  All told I have around $1500 in the gun and it should shoot .5 moa or better when I get it back in the next couple of weeks.hese
Sounds as though Noveske Rifle are on par with Les Baur rifles for price.  Both are out of my price range.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I know how quick you can run up the cost on a "total package" AR. Especially when you throw in optics that cost in the neighborhood of a grand.
But sticking to "plain jane" ("plain jane" as in a basic build, no extra rails grips, etc.) I'd be willing to spend quite a bit more on a 1911 than an AR simply because there is much more skilled work involved in building a quality 1911 than there is in an AR.
If you start with good parts and a manual, any monkey can build up a good AR. Not the same for a 1911.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you start with good parts and a manual, any monkey can build up a good AR. Not the same for a 1911.

...............I'll start passing out the banana's.........
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top