Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2009 4:30:47 PM EDT
So I'm taking the plunge on a Spike's Tactical .22 upper and was wondering if ya'll are running them with dedicated lowers or just throwing them on your regular lower. Does using a standard AR lower cause any problems, other than getting a slight bit dirty?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can afford a dedicated lower go for it.. I bet most ppl use use their regular lower - and it will need a cleaning to get the grit/junk out of it when you are done with the .22

Brian
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
using mine on a DPMS lower with a RRA two stage trigger, been on the range once so far with pretty good results.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:40:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I've found that having pieces of guns sitting around for too long inevitably leads to other parts miraculously turning up and attaching themselves while I'm not looking.  An orphaned upper would be no exception, which is why my ST-22 now has its own dedicated lower...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I started out with just the upper now I have complete rifles dedicated to 22LR.

This
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup my "regular" upper was sitting around by itself.....and then one day out of the blue there was a lower attached to it Think maybe Ihave some kind of black fever?????
Scott
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top