Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2003 1:07:46 PM EDT
Hi, I've decided to finish my first build, (A RRA lower with match trigger and ace stock) with a .22 LR upper until I'm done with grad school...   My clubs range only allows rimfire rifles anyway.  

So, I saw this one on Dillon's web page:

http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=39&min=2&dyn=1&

Hopefully that works.  And I've seen the DPMS.  I like the FF handgaurds and the target nature of both.  Is there any advantage to the DPMS, given this one is a $150 bucks cheaper?  

Or is there another option out there that I'm missing?  Better accuracy is a big consideration for someone like myself.  I'll be shooting metallic sihlouettes.  ( I know i misspelled that)  

Thanks,
Shawn
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=39&min=2&dyn=1&[/url]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I *think* that that is a CZ upper.  There are some good and bad points about it.  usually they retail for under $300.  goto www.cheaperthandirt.com  they have the DPMS upper for less than $400 and it is a better upper anyway.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  Do you know if anyone makes one with a free float handgaurd and a barrel length greater than 16"?  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought the cz upper and returned it. I did not like the thick painted finish. I bought the DPMS from Midway for $359(only $30 more). Much better looking. It is heavier due to the bull barrel. The hand guard is also larger. I put 800 rounds through it. Only 2 misfeeds in the first 100 rounds. Now never. Very accurate. I put it on a RRA lower/Ace stock with 2-stage NM trigger and an UltraDot...lots of fun!!!

...jjj
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool...  The Midway price is pretty good.  I'll have a look around the Dixie gun and Knife show this weekend, and if I don't find one cheaper... Or blow my money on something else :)  then I reckon I'll order one.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top