Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 8:05:08 PM EST
The new 2005 Gun Annual (Harris publication) at newsstands now has a good comparo article on DPMS, CZ, Kuehl .22 guns/uppers and a Ciener conversion. Author's best 50 yard groups with the DPMS were similar to my own. He got right around an inch at 50 with the Ciener in a 1:9 barrel, which I found a bit hard to believe based on my own testing with a conversion unit in a 1:9, but then again last weekend I shot some groups @ 25 with a conversion unit in a 1:12 barrel that I wouldn't have believed either unless I'd shot them myself, so who knows? Maybe his 1:9 barrel liked .22s better than mine does. The Kuehl produced the two smallest group averages at about a half-inch (@50) but also shot some surprisingly BIG groups with a couple kinds of ammo. The CZ shot quite well, too.

Interesting article and prolly worth the exhorbitant cost ($10) of the whole magazine if you're looking at .22 ARs and trying to make up your mind. Oh, no mention of the Bushmaster, of course--too new.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:43:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 8:16:38 PM EST by M4-guy]
Thanks for the info. (And for saving me $10!)

I'm leaning toward the Kuehl on my dedicated 22 upper project. I already have most of the parts, just need to get the barrel.

eta:

Post 1000!!!

Top Top