Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2003 5:45:37 AM EDT
I'm in search of a high velocity .22LR with a metal jacket (not copper plating) that will not leave lead residue on my AR15 barrel w/ Ciener kit.

Does something like that exist?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Had a friend who used to always shoot lead with his 1911. After firing a few boxes of lead at the range, he'd always put a mag of jacketed ball down the tube before ding home. Clenaed out a good majority of the lead.

MAybe, after pulling the ciener kit out, fire a few rounds of M193. Sure won't hurt (unless you've got a .22LR barrel [;)] )
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, had the feeling it was so.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:24:47 AM EDT
[#4]
i may be wrong...but i think the aguila .223 rimfire that is supposedly forthcoming will be just what you describe.

it should arrive the same time shrike uppers ship  [;D]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top