Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2008 6:16:56 AM EDT
I was at a local show this weekend and saw some "Repack Kits" for sale with stripper clips, cardboard, bandolier etc... for $6.00 each.  I saw them on my first lap around the show, and forgot to stop and pick some up on my second lap.  Does anyone know where I find them online?

I have an ammo can (thank you, harpua) full of loose radway ammo that I'd like to organize a little (or a lot) better.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for Sarges!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Just found this....

Link
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to jump on your post here, but I have seen thease before and I am new to the Assult rifle world....   What exactly is this kit do?  You make 10 round stripper clips, then I assume the cardboard makes into boxes?

Just curious...

Thanks,

-ThaChad
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:06:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry to jump on your post here, but I have seen thease before and I am new to the Assult rifle world....   What exactly is this kit do?  You make 10 round stripper clips, then I assume the cardboard makes into boxes?

Just curious...

Thanks,

-ThaChad

12 x 10 round strippers that you put your ammo on, then you put the strippers in the cardboard sleeve (3 strippers per sleeve).  Then 4 sleeves, one in each pocket of the cloth bandolier.  Then you have an ammo bandolier that you can grab-n-go with ammo to quickly load four 30 round magazines.

- AG

Oh and BTW, calling the semi-automatic rifles and carbines that many here advocate "assault rifles" is incorrect.  That term is incorrectly abused by gun haters and the media and often has a negative connotation around here.  "Black Rifles" "EBR's" or just rifles or carbine are probably better terms to use.

Just trying to help newbe before you get flamed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Just curious...

Thanks,

-ThaChad

12 x 10 round strippers that you put your ammo on, then you put the strippers in the cardboard sleeve (3 strippers per sleeve).  Then 4 sleeves, one in each pocket of the cloth bandolier.  Then you have an ammo bandolier that you can grab-n-go with ammo to quickly load four 30 round magazines.

- AG

Oh and BTW, calling the semi-automatic rifles and carbines that many here advocate "assault rifles" is incorrect.  That term is incorrectly abused by gun haters and the media and often has a negative connotation around here.  "Black Rifles" "EBR's" or just rifles or carbine are probably better terms to use.

Just trying to help newbe before you get flamed.

Thanks for the info!

But I have to ask, Other than its intended use (Military vs. Consumer/sport), and its trigger group (Semi-Auto vs. Semi, Select Fire, and Full Auto), its original intent is/was "Assault Rifle". To deny it that name, you might as well call the whole system "an aerodynamic rock slung from a pressurized vessel that is triggered by several sources of kinetic energy set off by the finger of the operator of the machine called 'carbine', 'Black Rifle', or 'EBR's'"   Or to sum it up quickly "A fancy rock thrower".  <--- Now that's politically correct!

But I understand where you and others are coming from with the media-masses trying to make something sound like a "Bad" thing by the use of certain names/words which appeal to the public as "Evil, Bad, and Disorderly".

But I guarantee if the SHTF, Mine will be an "Assault Rifle", even my 10/22 might get reclassified as an "Assault Rifle".    But for now, we’ll call it my "Fancy areodynamic rock thrower".

-ThaChad
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all for the responses,

BTW, ThaChad...

I think, and others may correct me here, that I read somewhere that the AR in AR15 and AR10 is not "Assault Rifle" it actually stands for ArmaLite the original designer/manufacturer of the black rifle we all so dearly love.

Again thank you all.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#8]
So ThaChad, I guess all the guys have Fancy Aerodynamic Rock Throwers,right?
Lets see......That would be F.A.R.T. !!!!! Well, boys being boys, I guess there isn't anything wrong with having a few F.A.R.T.S. !!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
Thank you all for the responses,

BTW, ThaChad...

I think, and others may correct me here, that I read somewhere that the AR in AR15 and AR10 is not "Assault Rifle" it actually stands for ArmaLite the original designer/manufacturer of the black rifle we all so dearly love.

Again thank you all.

Your correct.  AR does not mean Assult Rifle.   Hopefully That is not what I implied, as I know that.  I was saying that it is/was classified as an assult rifle from the time it was introduced to present.

-ThaChad
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
So ThaChad, I guess all the guys have Fancy Aerodynamic Rock Throwers,right?
Lets see......That would be F.A.R.T. !!!!! Well, boys being boys, I guess there isn't anything wrong with having a few F.A.R.T.S. !!!! hink
-ThaChad
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Just couldn't help it !!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top