Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2003 10:46:27 AM EDT
Is there any difference in the .223 Colt upper receiver and the 7.62X39 Colt upper receiver?  Is it possible to mount an M4 barrel on the 7.62-marked upper?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the Colt 7.62 upper I've seen have the M4 feedramps. Make sure the barrel is an M4 or late carbine and has the 4 on the barrel ext. to avoid a mismatch.

To answer the question they are the same as .223 uppers, only the barrel and bolt change.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Done the same thing a few times myself. Back in the days when you could find those Colt M4 uppers marked 7.62 at R Guns for $79 complete!
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
JohnM-I just picked up one for the "bargain" price of $205.00.  Shudda bought Colt parts instead of stocks;-)

Every time history repeats itself, the price goes up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I am running that setup currently.. it always turns heads when my m4gery is on the firing line and folks see Colt 7.62x39 on my upper while it's spitting out .223 brass.  From what I have been told, they are identical to the m4 upper, feed ramps, 4 over the gas tube hole, etc... older ones have no lettering on the flattop portion for detatchable mods.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top