Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2008 7:21:56 AM EDT
I am looking for a .204 Ruger SS Premium Match Grade Barrel for an upper I have. I have an RRA Upper and Bolt assembly. Basically need Nut, Thrust Washer, Tube,  Gas Block etc.  Any Suggestions on who to contact that builds a great barrel? Been away for awhile, and I see some of who I had thought to contact are gone now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 2:24:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, nobody knows anyone chambering in .204.
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Check with Compass Lake Engineering.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I built this rifle using a DPMS barrel.  It's made of S.S., it's fluted, and is 24" long.  It is not a "Premium Match Grade" barrel but a good value.  It shoots under 1 MOA with regularity using handloads.  I purchased mine from Brownell's, but there are a number of other folks selling .204 barrels.  It's a very easy conversion since all the same parts used in a standard .223 rifle (except the barrel itself) are used with the .204.

Link Posted: 12/29/2008 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/31/2008 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw them o at Midway. But, Shilen Barrels there are 1-9 twist. Like more about 1-11 or 1-12.
Duck looks like compass lake was what I was looking for. Never heard of them. My Krieger from Randell shoots great. Wanted a Matched pair for PD hunting.
Thanks agian guys. We'll see how backed up they are.... Seems everyone is just swamped and some are not taking orders till they get caught up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2008 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Call John Holliger at White Oak Armament. 309-376-2288

www.whiteoakarms.com

Great barrels and guns I have two of them, love 'em..
Link Posted: 12/31/2008 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been thinking about doing this too.  What don't you like about the 1-9 twist?
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 3:15:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I already have a SS, Palma Super Match, Fluted Barrel. This was build by Randall and shoots like a dream.  It's a 1 in 11. Seems most of the custom builders say 1 in 12 is the best  for lighter, 1 in 11 or 10 for heavier. I plan on shooting mostly the heavier rounds. I also scoped out some of the High End Semi-custom shops, and your off the shelf manufactures. They  all using 1 in 12 twist rates. I haven't check lately but I thinkThe theroy is the least amount of spin to stabilize a bullet is the most accurate. I have been told that if your only going to shoot lighter grains that you can even go to 1 in 14. But, that would never stabilize a 40 grain.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I saw them o at Midway. But, Shilen Barrels there are 1-9 twist. Like more about 1-11 or 1-12.
Duck looks like compass lake was what I was looking for. Never heard of them. My Krieger from Randell shoots great. Wanted a Matched pair for PD hunting.
Thanks agian guys. We'll see how backed up they are.... Seems everyone is just swamped and some are not taking orders till they get caught up.

I bought a Kimber 84m a year or two ago, and man is that thing accurate.  I shoot 40 gr vmax and its a 1-12 out of the box:

http://www.kimberamerica.com/rifles/84m/84m_varmint/
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top