Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2003 12:49:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I called them this morning and got the same message you did, so I sent them an e-mail with the question I had.
Later this afternoon I tried calling them again and got through and talked to a pleasant lady who couldn't answer my question right away without checking with one of her vendors. She offered to call me back with the info, but I told her to just answer my question in a reply to my e-mail. She said she was not in the office, but would get to it tomorrow and I said that was OK. About a half hour later I checked my mail and there was a reponse from them answering my question.
I have dealt with them at guns shows and have had nothing but favorable results from them.

Hope you have better luck.
Larry
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I've bought a lot of parts from m-a at a local gun show and was pleased with quality and price.  I've also ordered a few things over the phone without problem.  

I believe they are a small company and you may have to call at the right time or wait for them to call you back.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought my A2 kit from them, called them on the phone, placed my order, they shipped it the same day, I did find one of the small part missing, called them again and they sent a package right out, I received excellent service from them on my order and I am pleased with the upper they sent me.  

Many of the vendors that we deal with here are very small businesses, what are commonly called Mom & Pop operations, they may fall under that category, sometimes there can be some little gaps because they don't have a bunch of employees.  Before placing my order I did quite a bit of reading on this board, and heard positive responses about M&A Parts, Model 1 and J&T. My experience with M&A Parts was very good, you might want to give them another call.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I bought my A2 kit from them, called them on the phone, placed my order, they shipped it the same day, I did find one of the small part missing, called them again and they sent a package right out, I received excellent service from them on my order and I am pleased with the upper they sent me.
View Quote

My experience is very similar to yours. I was missing a spring in my kit but they had it to me by the end of the week. The lady I spoke to on the phone were very friendly and helpful. Everything else with my kit was great.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:08:35 AM EDT
[#5]
A couple months ago, I asked questions twice through their website form and received no replies either time.  I'm sure they are a good company with good people, but the lack of communication and response disturbed me.  I ended up getting an RRA upper instead off e-bay.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A couple months ago, I asked questions twice through their website form and received no replies either time.  I'm sure they are a good company with good people, but the lack of communication and response disturbed me.  I ended up getting an RRA upper instead off e-bay.
View Quote

[b]Please note that the vendors I refer to are not one's who work in the firearms industry.[/b]

I have talked to several internet vendors in different industries, many of them have mentioned that they are totally overwhelmed by email, and since their email address is shown clearly online they get a lot more junk email then individuals do.  One vendor told me that he just doesn't have time to keep up with his email, and recommends people call him if they have a question, another told me that the junk mail filters often pull off legitimate emails, and they just don't have time to screen all of the email that the filters delete, there isn't enough time in the day.  The small businessman doesn't have the resources of larger business, they do their best but they can't do everything.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#7]
The FUN starts NOW!  [:D]

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm also was interested in thier M4 Kit with the mock press on Suppressor. The ad says the barrel is chrome moly. Whats the difference between chrome-moly and chrome lined? Also is the price $475.00 for the M4 kit a good price? I will be useing a Eaglearms lower.
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 1:14:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Chrome Moly is the material used to make the barrel.

Chrome lined refers to the inside of the bore.

I looked at the M&A site, but I could not find a [b]Chrome lined[/b] barrel?

(also, the last time I spoke with them, their barrels were Wilson, but maybe they change manufactures from time to time?)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top