Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/5/2012 9:17:02 AM EDT
just completed my first build (AR-15) with Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 uncapped and ADM Recon mount. How to zero a scope. I read couple of articles but not satisfied. Also how far from the end of my upper, I install the mount ? I like to have a good eye relief.

Can you please help and guide me through.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#1]
How To Mount A Precision Riflescope. This is good for mounting any optic.

Zeroing in a scope is simple. Fire 1 round while aiming at the bullseye of a target at 50 yards. Is your 1st round on paper? If not then walk up closer and fire another round. Once you're on paper you begin making adjustments to the optic.

When you turn the dial "Up" on the optic you are moving your POI (point of impact). If your shot hit low on the target then you turn the dial "Up" which will move your point of impact up. If you are hitting high then turn the dial "Down" which will move your POI down. Same with left and right.

Now walk back to 100 yards. Your first shot at 100 yards should be on paper. Begin making adjustments, fire and make adjustments until you are zeroed in at 100 yards.

Here's a video demonstrating this. Bore-sighting is not required. Just walk up on your target, fire and if you're on paper you can begin making adjustments. Boresighting just ensures that your first round is on paper with the first shot therefore saving yourself a few rounds and a little bit of time.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top