Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2004 9:30:18 PM EDT
Are they worth the price? Also , what is the foregrip made of, it looks like the rubber armor stuff they use on binoculars.

Tom
Link Posted: 6/5/2004 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are they worth the price? ........
Tom

IMHO, Nope!  Five to six years ago, they may have been leading edge in inovation but of late they are dated and not worth the money.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I own one, and I absolutely love it.  I don't know about listening to people who haven't even tried one, let alone own one.

There were some rather lengthy threads regarding the LR300 about a year ago.

Also, depends on what you want one for.  If you like driving the same car as everyone else, then no.  If you enjoy performance and a sort of uniqueness, then yes.  

I really enjoy shooting it at 3-gun matches..  The low felt recoil makes double and triple taps alot easier.

I wish I had my ZM over here in IRAQ...
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:35:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not consider an Armalite AR180B?  It has a similar gas system (piston operation) shares the same AR-15 lower parts and mags and will save you almost $1000 over the ZM.  Olympic arms is also making a piston operated Ar-15 too with a detachable stock.  So many choice's so little $$  
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't the ZM weapons system basically the same as a standard AR, except the recoil system has been moved in front of the upper. It has an extended carrier key and the spring goes aroud it and the gas tube......it's not a piston operated unit.....is it???
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it's piston operated and the design is cool. Now there are a few piston opperated uppers out there it may no longer be worth the price. The ZM does work exceptionally well though
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I hear....under full-auto fire...they have some minor issues...I saw a ZM rifle about a month ago...a little on the heavy side of life....but never the less...I'd take it to war.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Isn't the ZM weapons system basically the same as a standard AR, except the recoil system has been moved in front of the upper. It has an extended carrier key and the spring goes aroud it and the gas tube......it's not a piston operated unit.....is it???

That's my understanding. No gas piston.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 4:55:53 AM EDT
[#8]
This was my question to ZM Weapons?

is it a piston operated upper?

This is from Al Zitta

NO,it`s gas inpinge
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That is it EXACTLY!  I don't know where people get the idea that it is a gas pistonupper.  Must be a gun show rumor.    As far as getting a AR180 and saving a $1000, then screw an AR sysem and go with an AK variant, IMHO.

I am seriously considering selling my ZM after I get back from Iraq.  6.8mm does a better job than 5.56mm!  At least in the REAL world.  Then again, maybe Alan will offer a trade in...?  

Hey HK_DUDE:  You still going to Columbia?  IRAQ sucks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#10]

IMHO, Nope! Five to six years ago, they may have been leading edge in inovation but of late they are dated and not worth the money.

Hootbro

The AR-15 design was leading edge in technology 30 or 40 years ago but of late they are not worth the money and are dated.  Just get a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt range.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I own one, and I absolutely love it.  I don't know about listening to people who haven't even tried one, let alone own one....

Do you know or have seen anybody tried to create a ZM pistol? for coolness kinda mp5k.
trig
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

IMHO, Nope! Five to six years ago, they may have been leading edge in inovation but of late they are dated and not worth the money.

Hootbro

The AR-15 design was leading edge in technology 30 or 40 years ago but of late they are not worth the money and are dated.  Just get a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt range.

Hey Pal just what you see at the shop
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top