Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2008 5:36:11 PM EDT
HI all,

I apoligize for the moronic questions in advance.  I'm going to rifle school where we have to qualify at 100 yards.  Unfortunately my shooting range only goes to 25 yards (Can you see where I'm going with this?)  

USER INFO:
COLT LE6920
Aimpoint M3

-At 100 yards if I'm "Zer'od," then at 25 yards will/or should the bullet be higher or lower then where I'm aiming?

The second question is I want to get a rail for my gun.  I have been looking at the Daniel Defense OMEGA rail (It requires ZERO mods)...Do I need the 7" or 9" version?  THANKS!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
a 25 yards zero will put you 2-4 inches high at 100 depending on ammo

you need the smaller carbine leanth rail the 9 in is for mid leanth
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're zeroed at 100, at 25 yards your rounds will be impacting below the point of aim.  Is that what you were asking?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Would a 25yard zero be the "norm" for sighting a rifle built for close range?

I've never sighted an AR before, was planning on ordering the bushnell boresight laser and a front sight tool sometime this week.  I figure I won't be shooting past 50yards, gonna be building a completely different AR for long range eventually.  Should I zero my irons/red-dot at 25yards?

ETA:  Sorry for the threadjack, Jeffbre.  I figured it'd probably be better to post here than make a new thread.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Some like the 50 yard zero.  It puts you about an inch high at 100 yards with a cross over at 200 meters (220 yards).
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I suggest the Improved Battlesight Zero,  it's a 50 yard zero that'll put your POI within 2.5" of POA all the way out to 250 yards.

Check it out!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top