Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 9:50:54 PM EDT
A buddy showed me some 5.56 ammo that I haven't seen before.  The ammunition is green-tipped, brass cases, and primers with red sealant.  The rims are marked "IK-86  5.56".  The cases are clean and ding-free.

The rounds are packaged in brown 20 round boxes.  The labels are such:

(.223) 5.56mm (M855) - NON C0RROSIVE
                      BOXER PRIMERS
         HANSEN CATRIDGE COMPANY
       SOUTHPORT, CONNECTICUT 06490
                 MADE IN YUGOSLAVIA
WARNING: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

He bought the ammo about 10 years ago.  We fired a few rounds and it seemed to be hotter than the Federal AE we also had.  We did not shoot it for accuracy.  The bullets do have the penetrator.

Does anybody have any experience with this ammunition?  I have googled the heck out of them and nothing has popped up.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Hansen is/was good stuff. Still have a good supply of 9mm and some 5.56 [not much of that] The 9mm was definately on the warm side but was very good. Came in a light purple and gray box. I too bought it about 10 years ago or so, have not seen any of it as of late. For a while it was pretty plentiful then POOF......gone.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top