Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2012 2:02:17 PM EDT
Polling those in the know. What do you prefer based on your experiences. I don't require and ambi CH and was wondering how much of an issue there is with these two protruding out and if that is bothersome. I do realize BCM comes in small and was considering that if needed. Still, I like the looks of the ambi Raptor. My prime need is a CH that is the smoothest functioning and built to handle abuse. Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't want or need an ambi CH than BCM gunfighter is the way to go plus its about 40$ less.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
What size latch for Gunfighter is your preference?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What size latch for Gunfighter is your preference?

Large.  But that is me.  Lots of people like the medium latch.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two GF with the medium latch, and I'm a lefty.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you don't want or need an ambi CH than BCM gunfighter is the way to go plus its about 40$ less.

This.  I have the Rainier Arms and I love it... but if you know you don't need it why would you spend the money?  I practice off hand shooting regularly for a SHTF scenario regularly so I chose to pony up the cash...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't need ambi but the Rainier is nicer than the BCM.

If the FA doesn't bother you the protrusion of the right side latch won't either.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't need ambi but the Rainier is nicer than the BCM.

If the FA doesn't bother you the protrusion of the right side latch won't either.

agreed.

I like em both.

I need another of one or the other since my new upper is scoped and it gets in the way...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both. The Raptor is the better product. You'll pay double the GF for it though. The reason the Raptor is better besides the Ambidextrous functionality is the fact that the Raptor doesn't pinch your hand when actuating the release lever when blading the charging handle. The GF was notorious for pinching the meat of your hand when performing this chambering technique.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Have had both...I love my Raptor, but have no qualms about getting another Gunfighter in the future.  The left side handle of the Raptor is slightly smaller than the medium latch on a Gunfighter and the right side latch is is slightly larger than a medium latch is.  I had read someone saying they didn't like their Raptor because you had to have the tension of the bolt for it to work...that has not been my experience at all and it works just fine with the bolt locked to the rear.  The one thing that is slightly different is that it's occasionally awkward to push the charging handle to lock it back onto the upper when the bolt is locked to the rear.  Buy what you want...I love both, but prefer the Raptor.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have the small GF out there? Any regrets with this size?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top