Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/14/2005 7:42:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Edited to take away hot link I made.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:49:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't seen those stocks and forends in the field as of yet.  For what it's worth, I have a couple of friends that have bought rifles and other gear from Dave at D&L though and the feed back is that he's a great guy that does outstanding work.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:13:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I asked the same question a while ago QUESTION THREAD , I have not purchased the handguard as of yet, still debating on wether or not I want to drill and tap holes in my AR.

Gene
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:56:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Dave builds great stuff for competition and real world rifles.  If I didn't use the people that I use to build my rifles (AR's and bolt action) I'd definitely would be going to him.  He definitely understands what it takes to make any firearm run and what's important/necessary on a rifle.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]
seen there ads in sgn along with some of the magazines. intresting lookin
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#6]
It's my understanding that the forened takes a dedicated barrel nut (much longer, riobust than stock) that is then drilled and tapped.

8 screws hold the forened on and it ain't flexing or coming off.

4X4 AR stuff for sure ...

Just curious if anyone had used it.

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:57:56 AM EDT
[#7]
check your IM
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#8]
What's the point of the big blocky rear sight mounted just 10" or so behind the front sight?  Is it different for the sake of being different?  I know it's probably faster in lining up the sights but at what expense?

"This hanguard provides for two inch outside diameter comfort without the snag and cut problems associated with Picatinny rails where you don't need them"  If that's so, the big ugly rear sight seems inconsistent with the effort to make the rifle less snag prone.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#9]
No expense ... and bombproof.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:27:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What's the point of the big blocky rear sight mounted just 10" or so behind the front sight?  Is it different for the sake of being different?  I know it's probably faster in lining up the sights but at what expense?

"This hanguard provides for two inch outside diameter comfort without the snag and cut problems associated with Picatinny rails where you don't need them"  If that's so, the big ugly rear sight seems inconsistent with the effort to make the rifle less snag prone.

Dave is a handgunner and a damn fine one, I believe from talking with him in the past that concept is the shooter gets that same type of "over the sights" field of view and plenty of accuracy for distances of normal social intercourse.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top