Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/3/2003 8:59:17 PM EDT
A friend just picked up a NIB EO-Tech 520 for $139 at a sporting goods close-out shop.

Yes, I know the price was great, but can he mount the darn thing on an AR?

Does anybody know?

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:06:57 PM EDT
Are you referring to a 502?? The price seems in line with a 502. IF it is a 502, you can mount it directly to the flat top rail with the allen screw provided, or using a gooseneck mount you can mount it to a carry handle. Good deal, excellent price. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:57:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/4/2003 6:59:04 AM EDT by sgtstinger]
No, it's a 520. It came with a mount to put it on a bow. He was a little leery, but just couldn't pass it up because of the price. He says the reticle has [u]TWO[/u] rings around a center dot. It also uses two "N"-sized batteries and isn't NV compatable. I'm thinking that it could be something like a 511 with a different reticle. I checked EO-Tech's website and they indeed have a 520-series of their HDS sights. They all seem to geared towards mounting on a bow. I was just looking for a bit more info...
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:57:33 PM EDT
That is the bow holosight, I don't know if the sight will work with a rifle recoil. I can find out and let you know next week, or cal EOTech direct.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:28:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SMGLee: That is the bow holosight, I don't know if the sight will work with a rifle recoil. I can find out and let you know next week, or cal EOTech direct.
View Quote
SMGLee- That would be terrific! I might be able to call EO-Tech and get the info "straight from the horse's mouth". Thanks!
Top Top