Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 8:59:17 PM EDT
A friend just picked up a NIB EO-Tech 520 for $139 at a sporting goods close-out shop.

Yes, I know the price was great, but can he mount the darn thing on an AR?

Does anybody know?

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you referring to a 502??  The price seems in line with a 502.

IF it is a 502, you can mount it directly to the flat top rail with the allen screw provided, or using a gooseneck mount you can mount it to a carry handle.  

Good deal, excellent price.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#2]
No, it's a 520.

It came with a mount to put it on a bow.

He was a little leery, but just couldn't pass it up because of the price.

He says the reticle has [u]TWO[/u] rings around a center dot. It also uses two "N"-sized batteries and isn't NV compatable. I'm thinking that it could be something like a 511 with a different reticle.

I checked EO-Tech's website and they indeed have a 520-series of their HDS sights. They all seem to geared towards mounting on a bow.

I was just looking for a bit more info...

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
That is the bow holosight, I don't know if the sight will work with a rifle recoil.  I can find out and let you know next week, or cal EOTech direct.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That is the bow holosight, I don't know if the sight will work with a rifle recoil.  I can find out and let you know next week, or cal EOTech direct.  
View Quote

SMGLee-

That would be terrific! I might be able to call EO-Tech and get the info "straight from the horse's mouth".

Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top