Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2004 9:41:54 PM EDT
A good friend and I picked up two identical BM 6-position telestock lower receivers today from our FFL.  When I manually cocked the hammer on the lower that I picked, I found that it felt different than my friend's or my BM standard lower that I've got on a 20" A3.  Rather than the hammer catching without any force, a little bit of pressure is needed and it makes somewhat of a "snap" (9 times out of 10) rather than the normal "click" like I'm used to hearing/feeling.  I also noticed that the trigger also seems to have a "step" in it right when it breaks and has more of a "snap" sound rather than a clean break (onto my thumb, of course...not the receiver his
Thanks for any thoughts,

Mike
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Every rifle has a different  trigger. Stock triggers can vary widely. Test the selector to make sure the hammer will only drop when its set to fire, and shoot it a bit. It will smooth out, how much I can't say.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:36:26 AM EDT
[#3]
i would pull the lower off and work the trigger 1-200 times and oil it every 20 times or so just to get the parts to mate together before going further

feel like pulling the trigger and hammer pins out and posting pics?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
feel like pulling the trigger and hammer pins out and posting pics?

I'm not going to pull it apart at this point, but here are a few pictures (BTW....sorry if they're kinda big).  I don't know if the trigger spring slightly off center could cause what I'm experiencing...other than that, I don't know if anything else looks out of order.  Any ideas?

Mike

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/TexanInOhio4/Guns/130-3004_IMG.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/TexanInOhio4/Guns/130-3008_IMG.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/TexanInOhio4/Guns/130-3014_IMG.jpg
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like you need to pull out the hammer pin and reinstall it making sure both of the "legs" of the hammer spring are sitting on top of the trigger/trigger pin. Looks like the left side of the hammer spring is not positioned properly. It is "under" the trigger pin rather than on top.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Fooled with my monitor and both legs are on top of the trigger pin.

Everything looks real wet.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
gregw45 is right,

If you lighten up the picture a whole bunch you can see that the hammer spring is sitting on top of the trigger pin.

Out the window with that theory!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Fooled with my monitor and both legs are on top of the trigger pin.

Everything looks real wet.

Yep...flash didn't illuminate the area evenly and I shot it pretty good with CLP to try to smooth things up.  After watching carefully, I now see what is happening.....part of the hammer (red arrow) is hitting the upper hook of the disconnector before snapping past it, allowing the lower interface (green arrow) to lock with the forward part of the trigger.  Should the hammer be hitting the disconnector during it's rearward motion to cock??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/TexanInOhio4/Guns/hammer.bmp

Thanks again,

Mike
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]
If you hold the trigger to the rear while cocking the hammer then yes, the red arrow area is the part that will catch on the disconnector.  As you release the trigger the green arrow area will catch the trigger.  If you are not touching the trigger at all while cocking the hammer then the green arrow area will catch on the trigger and the red arrow area should not grab the disconnector.  At least that's how mine works.  Your hammer or disconnector may have a little extra material on it which is something I would not mess with for safety's sake.  Otherwise everything looks correct from your pics.  You might have a slightly stronger hammer or trigger spring.  Make sure it will pass a function check.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you are not touching the trigger at all while cocking the hammer then the green arrow area will catch on the trigger and the red arrow area should not grab the disconnector.  At least that's how mine works.

Yep....without touching trigger, the hammer is hitting the disconnector during cocking.  Function (safety) checks good (no upper installed).  With the hammer forward I checked the disconnector a few minutes ago too.....it pivots freely and is under spring tension from the disconnector spring.  

I'll call Bushmaster tomorrow and ask 'em if it's normal.

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top