Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 6:29:56 PM EDT
thinking about buying this set up ,i like the price and yankee hill rep anybody using these handguards ? feed back will help decision have surefire M73's on one of my ar's ,don't want to go that route again on new build. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:09:51 AM EDT
[#1]
The "SEARCH" button can be your friend!

Example: ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=204187  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:28:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Search is good.  The YHM handguards are good as well and mount up very tight.  They are comparable to the KAC in stability but I'd stop short of saying they are equal.  The KACs have the locking lever to lock them to the barrel nut.  The KACs are also battle proven, but I've heard here that the YHMs have been sold to military units as well, but I'm not sure it is US forces.  Seems I remember that it isn't.  If I were on a budget and wanted a high quality, durable rail system, I'd probably go with the YHM, but I'm not on a budget so.................................
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The KACs are also battle proven, but I've heard here that the YHMs have been sold to military units as well, but I'm not sure it is US forces.  Seems I remember that it isn't.

It's the Italians who are buying them.

I have a set of YHM rifle length handguards and they are very nice.  They'd be a good deal even if they cost a lot more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top