Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:17:55 PM EDT
Got my Nikon on my armalite a4 and it is sighted in. Having a hard time with follow up shots(M193 mainly) because of quiet a bit of muzzle jump. Do comps work that well? Pros and cons?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:23:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:27:02 PM EDT
They work very well indeed. Be aware that shooting a rifle is loud, wear hearing protection. That being said, the brake is louder than a FS. I have never been bothered by it, clearly some have.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:27:43 PM EDT
Mini Y Comp does make a noticible difference in muzzle climb, but the down side is the added noise and blast sent back toward the shooter and those around you. I think the blast from the y-comp would especially be a problem indoors.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:14:50 PM EDT
Back before I de-banned my M4gery, I took it into the shoot house at my PD's range and let off a couple rounds. Great googaly moogaly...if you think it's loud outside, it's easily five times as bad inside. I honestly had to go check and make sure I hadn't knocked out my fillings.

Thank heavens that SOB is gone, replaced last October by a Phantom.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:20:26 PM EDT
I have a mini y comp on on one of my m4-gerys, works great for muzzle climb, as for noise, i dont mind it, but the mini y comp works wonders for muzzle climb. I once shot indoors, at a range in Colorado, shot out of about a 5'x5' window, WOOOO the blast was directed at the shooters around me and directly backwards, but recoil is little :)
Top Top