Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:17:55 PM EDT
Got my Nikon on my armalite a4 and it is sighted in. Having a hard time with follow up shots(M193 mainly) because of quiet a bit of muzzle jump. Do comps work that well? Pros and cons?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
They work very well indeed. Be aware that shooting a rifle is loud, wear hearing protection. That being said, the brake is louder than a FS. I have never been bothered by it, clearly some have.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Mini Y Comp does make a noticible difference in muzzle climb, but the down side is the added noise and blast sent back toward the shooter and those around you.  I think the blast from the y-comp would especially be a problem indoors.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Back before I de-banned my M4gery, I took it into the shoot house at my PD's range and let off a couple rounds.  Great googaly moogaly...if you think it's loud outside, it's easily five times as bad inside.  I honestly had to go check and make sure I hadn't knocked out my fillings.

Thank heavens that SOB is gone, replaced last October by a Phantom.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a mini y comp on on one of my m4-gerys,  works great for muzzle climb,  as for noise, i dont mind it,  but the mini y comp works wonders for muzzle climb.  I once shot indoors, at a range in Colorado, shot out of about a 5'x5' window, WOOOO the blast was directed at the shooters around me and directly backwards,  but recoil is little :)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top