Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 4:46:24 PM EDT
Well I just built my Beowulf and off to the range. I have the Yankee Hill front site that is attached to the gas block rail and the ARMS#40 rear site mounted on the A4 upper that is from the Beowulf. I moved my target out about 15 yards for the first shot and fired at center. It was about 12 inches from the center. Adjusted the site in to bring up the hit and again just above the other. Screwed in the site all the way and still over 8" from center. I can not bring up the shot for nothing. Im shooting bench and there is no more adjustment to make. I allowed a friend to also shot and same for him. 1 I can do it the redneck way and file the front site down or tap the screw hole for the site to go down more, or send it back to YHM. Has anyone else had this problem?

Please advise!

Thanks

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]
YHM supposedly has great customer service, why not try them in the morning?  I am sure they can answer best as to the setup you have.

BTW, where are the pics of this new toy?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the pic before the arms 40 went on.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
15 yards is pretty close.  

If your planning on sighting in for this short distance, then you will need to file the front sight post.  

The problem that your having is the sight are looking down for a longer distance, and when you shorten the post for the shorter distance, the shots are going to be very high at the longer range.

Remeber that the Beowulf tends to lob rounds in, so the sights are looking down for a reason.  At the short range, the sights/bullet path line just haven't meet yet.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#4]
What is the height of the YHM sight above the boreline when mounted? Measure to the reference flat where the "UP" is stamped. I wouldn't bet that differing makers of gas blocks and det front sights use compatible heights. Mix and match will probably cause El errors.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Well called YHM today and they were very easy to deal with.  Really nice people to talk to.  Got my information and will get back with me when they find out what they find out.  I will post all findings here and let you all know what was said.  But I will say this, Yankee Hill has some really nice people working for them and I would not mind giving more of my business to them in the future.  

I just hope they can fix this problem.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#6]
This is a letter I got back from YHM in just over 1 hour from calling them Discussing the problem I am having.

I would recomend them to anyone and will buy from them again!

Thanks

Sir, I checked into the problem and it might be a difference in the application.
Part #YHM-9584 was made for primarily for use with the AR-15 and M-16 type
firearm.
Due to your barrel size and gas block configuration this may not be giving the
right heighth. If I may suggest we will send you a Forearm Front Flip Sight
YHM-9627 which will give you approx. 160 thounsandths of more travel. Not
knowing
where you started in zeroing and bullet drop it is impossible to know if this
will work, but give it a try. Let me know if you want to do this we will send
you the part and you send us the one you have now. Thank you

Larry Jones
Technical Sales
YHM

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top