Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2004 3:23:03 AM EDT
This may be so obvious to you guys, but I could use some help.  I just replaced my standard FSB with a RRA dovetail gas block.  My upper also has a FIRSH.  The gas block rail is much lower than the FIRSH rail.  I purchased a YHM flip sight and put it on the gas block.  Is this correct position?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:18:52 AM EDT
[#1]
There are two types of YHM front flip sights - one designed for mounting on the gas block and one designed for mounting on a handguard rail.  Check YHM's website and cross reference the part number on your front sight to see which one you have.  One is taller than the other.  Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Duh.....

Thanks Jason.  That was the information I needed.  I just did not realize that there were two types.  I got the rail version and not the block version.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#3]
YHM also makes a front flip up exclusively for Bushmaster that is made out of billet aluminum.  The YHM sites (the shorter one for the handguard and the linger one for a gas block) is made out of steel.  Obvisouly there is a durability vs. weight tradeoff but I thought I would point this out.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top