Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 2:20:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 4:30:46 PM EST by DBAR]
Well I got my upper back today from CMMG. I met John and Jeff at the Gun Show here in KC. The upper looks great, and I like it. Those guys did a great job. They said they where not going to be doing any more gun smithing. The Production side of the business is keeping them busy. They did the cut/thread, re park, and install of the YHM ff tube. Is it just me or does it look purple?

One last thing. I couldn't get a "Tango Down" vertical grip on the YHM rails. Some of the guys said I could file it down to get it to fit (the TD vg). Do any of you have YHM ff tube with vg's with the storaage. If so, what kind?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:25:42 PM EST
My dad's YHM tube is more purple then mine is. I know what you mean.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:29:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:37:42 PM EST
It is not as purple as the LaRue products.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:47:34 PM EST
Originally Posted By cmjohnson:
It is a BIT "Bushmaster-ish", yes...but it looks quite good. I wouldn't complain about it, not even if it were mine.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining, and your right it is a bit "Bushmaster-ish". The upper is a BM Dissy, and the lower is a Armalite. True it is not as bad as the LaRues I've seen posted. I just had never heard of it being an issue with YHM products. I guess all anodized stuff will have the potential of turning out a little off. I was just curious, it won't bother me any. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I just thought I would share it with all of you.
Top Top