Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 12:58:07 PM EDT
Just got my YHM HG's from Brighflashlights....and they look great.  I know how they go on, but anyone find anything to make installtion any easier?  I don't have a HG removal tool, and from what  I've read so far they're going to be tight, so I don't want to start with the dremel.  So what you guys found that makes installtion a little easier?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I don't have a HG removal tool, and from what  I've read so far they're going to be tight, so I don't want to start with the dremel.  So what you guys found that makes installtion a little easier?

You don't need that tool.  Just get a buddy to help with them.  You'll get em on.  Then post some pic's.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have them and I recommend getting the tool in case you want to remove them and have no one to help.  The tool is well worth the money.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Definatly get the handguard tool.  That way you won't scratch your delta ring upon assembly, like I did.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, it took a dremel and a rubber hammer to get them on, but they are solid.  I had to open up the slot that goes around the barrel nut quite a bit, and take some off the the front end, both on the top piece.  Beat up the barrel nut and the delta ring a little, but aluma balck took care of that.

I plan on getting at least two more sets, but if they're like this pair, I'll have someone more skilled than I am to install them.    Great handguards, at a great price.  Calvin at BrightFlashlights.com is great to do business with!    
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Another Dremel victory!!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I had major problems with mine so calvin and I decided on the FF tubes since it was such a hassle.  And I can't be more happy!!  Calvin is excellent to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:06:44 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for Kevin and Calvin at Brightflashlights. Those guys kick ass. I jusy got my hand guards yesterday. Went on without modification. I did it myself with a padded benchvise holding the FSB.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top