Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/2/2004 3:56:47 AM EST
I have a 16" HBAR and was wondering if it is worth it or even possible to put a rifle length or mid length FF guard on my carbine. I am interested because of increased sight radius. Is there some kind of gas block that will install under the handguard? I would be putting a FS on top of the handguard.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:11:02 AM EST
pa-gunslinger,

check this out,
ADCO Here
I think the first picture, and others, illustrate what you want and I think it is used often, and looks awesome and is very functional

if so.......... the answer to your question is yes
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:45:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:46:57 AM EST

Is there some kind of gas block that will install under the handguard?

You are doing my next project!

Look at the shaved gas blocks that Bushmaster and others sell. Bushmaster uses them on their Dissipator. It is just large enough to pin to the barrel and hold the gas tube. You can then easily put a solid rifle length tube and install rail sights such as Troy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:31:43 AM EST
I think I'm going to go with the YHM low-profile gas block and a full length rifle guard.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:40:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By pa-gunslinger:
I have a 16" HBAR and was wondering if it is worth it or even possible to put a rifle length or mid length FF guard on my carbine. I am interested because of increased sight radius. Is there some kind of gas block that will install under the handguard? I would be putting a FS on top of the handguard.

If you go that route, I am with my next upper build, just order a specter XL forearm kit.

From the YHM site: Specter XL Kit
4 rail forearm kit with an overall length of 12.5 inches includes:

Solid 4 rail Rifle forearm (YHM-9480) or Light weight forearm (YHM-9636)
End cap (YHM-9484-A)
Forearm Flip Front SIGHT (YHM-9627)
Specter Gas Block (YHM-9378)
Swivel Stud (YHM-9469)
1-1/4" Q.D. sling swivel (YHM-9470)
NOTE: This kit is designed to assemble on a carbine or mid-length top end assembly:
it's $288 and change but as you see it comes with the front sight, gasblock and an endcap for the FF tube.

I'm doig it on a 16in or 18in barrel haven't made up my mind yet though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:44:24 AM EST
not the greatest picture, but here's mine, it's a PRI gas block under a 10" Troy MRF.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:09:12 AM EST
sweet rifle you have there,Capro

pa-gunslinger,

I just read about another option for gas blocks under FF that looks good

Here they are........................Click here

Top Top