Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2004 7:01:36 AM EDT
I have a YHM FF TUBE the light weight one with the end cap that screws in. Everything went on great but when the endcap is screwed on it rubbs the barrel allot enough that I can shoot without it and then install it and my point of impact changes greatley. Do you have any suggestions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#1]
The end cap is a cosmetic piece, so you should just remove it. However, it certainly sounds like something (tube, barrel nut, etc.) isn't installed square.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#2]
If the barrel is rubbing on the inside of the cap then you might want to get the other cap with the larger barrel hole.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#3]
the end cap with the bigger hole sounds like the ticket if you have it for cosmetic purposes.  The YHM site says it is suppose to "Support" the barrel so it has to technically touch the barrel.  So if you are using it for what it is meant to be used for, leave it on and don't remove it once it is zeroed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top