Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 1:58:59 PM EDT
Hello All,

I did a search and didn't come up w/ anything definitive so I turn to the fine folks here...

I recently purchased the YHM 2pc Rails for my 20" BFI rifle and along w/ TD VFG for this setup.  It does not appear that the TD VFG will fit onto these rails.  I know the VFG is for "1913 Mil-std" rail.  All I know of the YHM is that it's a "Picattiny" rail.  

So did I screw the pooch because the YHM rail's interface is the incorrect standard for the grip or do I have to use a mallet to beat the TD VFG on?

Anyone run this setup or had similar problems?  

Thanks,

Sly
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You might need to "encourage" the VFG on there...
Not really a bad thing, but kind of a pain.

Do you have any other grips/accessories to compare against?
YHM has had a history of slightly out-of-spec rails, but I believe TD is known to be tight as well.
So you might be fighting each companies max-specs together...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys.

What I'm gathering is that the YHM rail and the VFG *should* interface.  BUt perhaps due to extreme differences in manufacturing- it's just damn difficult to get em' to mate up.  I have a Knights broom handle, somewhere, if I can find it might help some in figuring this out.  

My main fear was that the YHM might be a different rail spec althogether.  I couldn't find anything that differentiates what NATO STANAG, Picatinny, Mil Std 1913, swan system, weaver etc. etc. all means.  The difference is rather large as the VFG won't even begin to go on the rail.  If the rail interface is indeed supposed to be a match; I can coerce the grip.  Maybe even persuade it w/ some filing here and there.

Thanks again.  Any more imput is appreciated.

Sly
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
With some judicious prodding w/ a rubber mallet, I was able to get it on...  And then once again w/ the mallet I was able to get it off.  The KAC broom stick VFG slid on/off like a champ.

Thanks again.

Sly
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:21:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine did fit on a YHM rifle length set. They were tight and needed some help. They also didn't lock on to well, but were close enough.

Mine fit on a MI rifle length rail like the rail was made for it. Oh yea, it was!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the YHM FF, and it took me, my wife, and a rubber mallet to get it on. I held the tabs down while she pounded it down with the mallet. It was quite the operation. I switched to a LT rail, and it went on easily and I couldn't be happier (thanks to Grant @ G & R Tactical).
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Four small cable ties and a good file will make it work right. Damn plastic. I had to do these on all 5 of mine even one for my Knights rail to get it to fit right.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#9]
M4-TUNA-  I figured to break out the file and elbow grease here directly.

Quoted:
I had the YHM FF, and it took me, my wife, and a rubber mallet to get it on. I held the tabs down while she pounded it down with the mallet.

That's exactly the method I used.  (Aside from the particular model of wife involved)  Perhaps the Tango Down VFG should describe this method in their installation instructions

Sly
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
M4-TUNA-  I figured to break out the file and elbow grease here directly.

Quoted:
I had the YHM FF, and it took me, my wife, and a rubber mallet to get it on. I held the tabs down while she pounded it down with the mallet.

That's exactly the method I used.  (Aside from the particular model of wife involved)  Perhaps the Tango Down VFG should describe this method in their installation instructions

Sly

I use them to take them off and put them on too. The should change the design So you can use two hands instead of four. I still love mine TDVG's. When file them down just file the areas were U see rub marks ,then clean up wit h some fine sand paper if needed then a lil bit of grease on the areas filed to get it to work real nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top