Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/3/2005 4:31:50 PM EDT
One of the guys has a set of rifle length YHM 2 piece Tactical Handguards for sale in the EE, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they fit over the milled gas block of a factory Dissy. I did a search and some say yes while others say no. Anyone certain.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:10:43 PM EDT
Definitively yes, because the YHMs have a round profile. KAC, Samson, and Troy rails fit with a little shaving of the gas block corners. LT rails fit with radical shaving. Surefire rails will not fit, no matter what, unless you remove the top heat shield.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:11:54 PM EDT
They did on mine.

I like them alot. Great deal for the money.

Seydou

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:00:38 AM EDT
yep
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:30:28 AM EDT
Thanks for the replies, nice rig Seydou, thanks for the photos.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:26:58 PM EDT
Nice looking Dissy Seydou.

I also have the YHM handguards on my dissy. They look nice, and the fit is great. I have an EOTech mounted on the rail (yeah I know), and it is solid.

I had one problem when fitting the handguards to the dissy though. The front site is not the gas block like on normal guns. The Bushmaster dissy's have a plug in place of the gas tube on the front site. This plug is required so the handguards have something to attach to. The plug is wider than the gas tube, and was too wide to allow the YHM handguard to fit. I had to use my dremel to open up the channel on the YHM where the gas tube would normally be. It only took serveral minutes, and once done, the fit was perfect.

HTH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:59:22 AM EDT
Thanks for the compliments.

I did not experience the same problem as 220ST, but they did require some effort to install. As such they are very solid.

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:10:49 AM EDT
The YHM handguards do fit over the stock dissy gas block.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:11:13 PM EDT
Thanks 220ST
I'll have to keep that in mind. Nice Dissy Lancelot, thanks for the photo.
Top Top